EMIT certification to get into the power industry

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJeng

Reaction score
I made a big big mistake quitting my last job(performance technician at a power plant with at least 1.5 hour one way commute. I worked there for about 1 years and 8 months and finally destroyed my car on the way to work) to a administrative job. I would like to know if anyone can give me some advice on how to get back into this industry. Below is my background:

BS in chemical engineering

EIT

PMI CAPM

Vibration analyst I and II

Some experience in NERC event filing

Some experience in OSI PI

As a technician, I also have experience with turbo-machinery: turbine, pumps and boilers

Since this is my only engineering experience and it only last for 1 year and 8 months, I have a very difficult time finding similar jobs ( power plant) in NJ. I am thinking of taking the EMIT certificate and hopefully that may add some values to my current resume. However, some of my friends advised me to get a job first so the employer will pay for it.........but the only thing is I could not find an employer in the first place.........Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Back