ELSES update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone here can tell me how to check my present mailing address on TX website, I took FE exam for the fisrt time this April.
Thanks
You can not check current address online, I would call the board to make sure they have the right address.

Well, I would probably say that they did send some results out as they were prepared. Which ones, who knows. I asked specifically about Kentucky results and she replied with saying "all states" were sent out on Friday. The communication breakdown I believe comes from the fact we are talking to ELSES people and NCEES is the one who sends the results. You would think being in the same building they could communicate properly, but I'm sure we all know how that story ends up. Hopefully this girl knew what she was talking about. I would say she did since she knew details about it being sent out 2 day FEDEX, or she could have just been saying what she hear with no real concrete info. I will be checking with the Kentucky state board again this afternoon to see if they've received them. They should be in by no later than tomorrow if what the ELSES rep. says is true.
I think you're probably right and people here are confused as well with who they're talking to. NCEES has the results. they send them to all of the testing services (for states that use testing services) and to the boards for states that don't use testing services. It just so happens that ELSES is in the same building. So for Texas, as an example, ncees sends the results to ELSES, who sends them to the Texas Board, who then notifies the candidates. For Florida, ncees sends the results to Elses and they e-mail the candidates directly. For the EES states, ncees sends the results to EES (probably by snail mail) who does whatever they do and then either forwards the results to their boards or to the candidates, depending on their contract with each state.

So when someone says "all of the results have been sent out", it's probably someone at ncees saying all of the results have been sent from them to the testing services and boards. It just depends on what the agreement is between each testing service and the state after that.

my two cents - I don't think anyone is maliciously misleading anyone. It just depends on who you talk to in the chain......

EDIT - oh yeah, it also appears that some states have in their laws that they have to have a board meeting to approve prior to releasing......

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're probably right and people here are confused as well with who they're talking to. NCEES has the results. they send them to all of the testing services (for states that use testing services) and to the boards for states that don't use testing services. It just so happens that ELSES is in the same building. So for Texas, as an example, ncees sends the results to ELSES, who sends them to the Texas Board, who then notifies the candidates. For Florida, ncees sends the results to Elses and they e-mail the candidates directly. For the EES states, ncees sends the results to EES (probably by snail mail) who does whatever they do and then either forwards the results to their boards or to the candidates, depending on their contract with each state.
So when someone says "all of the results have been sent out", it's probably someone at ncees saying all of the results have been sent from them to the testing services and boards. It just depends on what the agreement is between each testing service and the state after that.

my two cents - I don't think anyone is maliciously misleading anyone. It just depends on who you talk to in the chain......

EDIT - oh yeah, it also appears that some states have in their laws that they have to have a board meeting to approve prior to releasing......
It makes sense. thank you

I don't understand why states need to meet to approve exam results. They are simply that, results, and if it is a national standardized test I don't understand why they would need to meet to approve raising or lowering the passing score either, because I would think that would cause reciprocity complications, but seeing as how they eliminated the scoring percentage and now just issue a pass or fail, that kinda goes out the window anyways. Now, I hate to sound like I have no trust in government institutions...but...aw heck, I have NO trust in government institutions...haha. I just want my scores dangit.

I don't understand why states need to meet to approve exam results. They are simply that, results, and if it is a national standardized test I don't understand why they would need to meet to approve raising or lowering the passing score either, because I would think that would cause reciprocity complications, but seeing as how they eliminated the scoring percentage and now just issue a pass or fail, that kinda goes out the window anyways. Now, I hate to sound like I have no trust in government institutions...but...aw heck, I have NO trust in government institutions...haha. I just want my scores dangit.
I imagine it harks back to the old days when states wrote and scored their own exams and that's what in their laws. And they either can't or won't change them.

Back