Electrical Systems in Buildings by S. David Hughes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indy-engineer

Reaction score
Trying to get my hands on one of these books cheaper than Amazon.com ($228) and Barnesandnoble.com ($198). The co-worker I'm studying with has it (from his Rose-Hulman days) and we've found a LOT of useful reference material all in one place instead of scattered like I have. Any leads would be appreciated. I'm going to check the local library too.

We have another Rose-Hulman graduate and he still has it in his possession. Both of these guys graduated in 1996. It has a lot of useful info in one reference. We found generator, NEC, and per unit info in it as we've studied the new practice power exam. I thought it would lessen how many books I have to bring to the exam.

Are you sure you are comfortable using a book published in 1988 for NEC info? Either there is a new edition I am not aware of or you are a brave soul.

Don't take this as a flame or anything but I personally refer to the 2008 NEC for 2008 based NEC questions. You should too.

Are you sure you are comfortable using a book published in 1988 for NEC info? Either there is a new edition I am not aware of or you are a brave soul.
Don't take this as a flame or anything but I personally refer to the 2008 NEC for 2008 based NEC questions. You should too.

No, Michael, I won't substitute the 2008 NEC with this book. I just made mention that we found some things in there. I will definitely have the official book.

Back