EET Transpo Depth Review Class

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngmakhlo_PE

CIVIL
Reaction score
We are coming up on our final weeks of the breadth review classes for EET and I am pulling together the necessary reference material for the transportation depth portion of the exam in prep for the beginning of the review courses for the depth section that are starting soon. As I have mentioned previously I did take this exam in April of 2016 with some touchy studying but nothing too in depth. From those of you who have taken the EET transpo review course and passed the exam, did you feel that the EET course covered all you needed for the depth portion of the exam? My plan was to wait until we got to the depth portion of the review course to really get into the transpo depth stuff and now I am wondering/worrying if I should not have done that. Any info will help!

Thank you!

We are coming up on our final weeks of the breadth review classes for EET and I am pulling together the necessary reference material for the transportation depth portion of the exam in prep for the beginning of the review courses for the depth section that are starting soon. As I have mentioned previously I did take this exam in April of 2016 with some touchy studying but nothing too in depth. From those of you who have taken the EET transpo review course and passed the exam, did you feel that the EET course covered all you needed for the depth portion of the exam? My plan was to wait until we got to the depth portion of the review course to really get into the transpo depth stuff and now I am wondering/worrying if I should not have done that. Any info will help!

Thank you!
@ngmakhlo I am having the same question as you asked back in August. I'm taking both EET's breadth and transpo depth, and gathering necessary reference for my transporation depth exam. Perhaps you can give me some highlights whether i need to bring any reference books that NCEES mentions (AASHTO, HCM, MUTCD etc ..). I realized that you passed, congrats!

Thanks in advanced.

@ngmakhlo I am having the same question as you asked back in August. I'm taking both EET's breadth and transpo depth, and gathering necessary reference for my transporation depth exam. Perhaps you can give me some highlights whether i need to bring any reference books that NCEES mentions (AASHTO, HCM, MUTCD etc ..). I realized that you passed, congrats!

Thanks in advanced.
First off I would like to say congrats on signing up for EET, you have already put yourself in a good position to pass this exam just by doing so. The short sweet answer is, yes, if you can gain access to these references, get them and become very familiar with them. Although EET provides a lot of the more common tables and graphs from these references, it is good to have the reference to see what else is talked about regarding those tables and graphs. Also, it would be VERY difficult for the EET instructors to get every bit of information that you COULD be tested on in their references. Say for example, to be as general as possible, one of the references has a long table that needs to be put on three pages, EET may provide you one of the pages just so you are aware of it and can say you have seen it before but that doesn't mean the other 2 pages are out of play. Of the 15 references I brought I think I used about 10-11 and one of those 10-11 that I used I almost didn't bring, and had I not I would've really been kicking myself. Work hard throughout the course. Put a lot of time in outside of class, work practice problems until you see them in your sleep. If you go through the entire course without reaching out to the instructors at least a few times regarding a question you have, you are not challenging yourself enough. EET is the way to go and will put you on the right path, but it is up to you to put the time in. Good luck!  

First off I would like to say congrats on signing up for EET, you have already put yourself in a good position to pass this exam just by doing so. The short sweet answer is, yes, if you can gain access to these references, get them and become very familiar with them. Although EET provides a lot of the more common tables and graphs from these references, it is good to have the reference to see what else is talked about regarding those tables and graphs. Also, it would be VERY difficult for the EET instructors to get every bit of information that you COULD be tested on in their references. Say for example, to be as general as possible, one of the references has a long table that needs to be put on three pages, EET may provide you one of the pages just so you are aware of it and can say you have seen it before but that doesn't mean the other 2 pages are out of play. Of the 15 references I brought I think I used about 10-11 and one of those 10-11 that I used I almost didn't bring, and had I not I would've really been kicking myself. Work hard throughout the course. Put a lot of time in outside of class, work practice problems until you see them in your sleep. If you go through the entire course without reaching out to the instructors at least a few times regarding a question you have, you are not challenging yourself enough. EET is the way to go and will put you on the right path, but it is up to you to put the time in. Good luck!  
Thank you for your information. So far I've decided to get AASHTO Green Book, MUTCD, HCM, and Roadside Design Guide.

Thank you!
ngmakhlo, can I get your email address?  I have a question for you.

Back