EET Surveying Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per @engineeringforfun

Rezza book and EET survey course ( Pratice exam) is all you need.. I trust his words, I have Rezza and bought EET online course last week, the binder will be delivered today and will start studying today :)

taking the exam final week of next month, if you guys have any questions let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
EET's On-Demand Surveying course is a wonderful course for those that don't deal with the world of survey on a day-to-day basis. I'd have to agree with the post above. Most of the questions that came up on the exam were covered on the actual survey exam. Here's my short review and personal timeline of the EET Surveying Course:

Received the EET binder in June and started the material at the 3rd week of July.

Went straight and worked through all the problems, reviewed the examples, and watched lectures from all chapters

Finished in about 5 weeks. I probably spent about 1.5 chapters a day. Then I had to switch gears and focus on Seismic. I registered for Hiner's Seismic Review Class and focused 100% of my time on Seismic until my Seismic exam on 10/19. Then opened up Survey material again from 10/21, (at this point I had about 2.5 weeks until Survey exam on 11/8). 

Re-reviewed most of the problems, solved mainly the chapters covered per exam specs, (mainly azimuths, bearings, traverses, VC, HC). Then solved all four (4) of the EET practice exams twice. I was scoring about 65-85% the second time (without trying to remember what the correct answer was)

I think this course prepared me to the best I could.. I'm confident enough that I solved about 30/55 questions well enough, and probably blindly guessed about 15. The other 10 questions are 50 50 at best. Hopefully this is enough to pass. There were a lot more easier questions on the exam than I expected. But just as many challenging and lengthy ones that either I spent too much time on OR I knew to guess and come back at the end if time permits (which it didn't).
Let’s know if you pass, did you pass the seismic too ?

I just took the surveying exam on Saturday after having completed the EET course, and I believe I passed. For what it's worth, I also took EET for depth (WRE), breadth, AND seismic. Yes, EET has a lot of my money. I agree with @pimelu that the course was not as well organized as the other EET courses and it felt more disjointed. HOWEVER I think that the CBT exams they offer are very good and that they mimic the actual exam pretty much perfectly. I do also think think that the course covers all the content, even if the chapters are organized a bit strangely. So despite the way the content is organized I still recommend this course, as all the practice problems and the practice exams are invaluable.
Couldn’t agree more 👍🏻... 

When you pass the seismic how many problems did you feel you got right? 

I took the seismic last week and studied using ETT materials and I believe I would score around 32-35 do you believe it’s enough to pass ? 

How soon after paying and enrolling in a review class will you get your notes/binders and how soon can you start watching on demand lectures? 
I bought their course past Friday, the binder is due to be delivered today. Did you pass the seismic?

Can you share how much time you spent preparing etc. and any suggestions you would like to give. Thanks.
It is kind of hard to say. I want to say 100-125 hours. I bought the course in September and ended up studying for about one hour a day after work, skipping some weekdays and weekends. I usually tend to spread out my studying rather than cramming in the last two weeks. I went through the EET book twice and used half of it on the test. 

I think it is really important to know your geometry really well. I think I just had a hard time visualizing images especially since I was not given simple curves and I thought the exam would be more straightforward. For example, I may create fake problems for myself like drawing a random line that cuts through curves and seeing if I can calculate certain coordinates at any point of that line (just thought of this at the top of my head right now). In addition, I think being familiar with the equipment and the types of surveys out there (besides the typical topographic, control, route surveys, etc) can help.  

My EET scores and the number of difficult questions I found on the real test are somewhat similar to blee26's previous post. Maybe my expectations are too high. I just assumed that if I could score 70-90% on the EET tests, I would be able to score about the same on the real tests. 

It is kind of hard to say. I want to say 100-125 hours. I bought the course in September and ended up studying for about one hour a day after work, skipping some weekdays and weekends. I usually tend to spread out my studying rather than cramming in the last two weeks. I went through the EET book twice and used half of it on the test. 

I think it is really important to know your geometry really well. I think I just had a hard time visualizing images especially since I was not given simple curves and I thought the exam would be more straightforward. For example, I may create fake problems for myself like drawing a random line that cuts through curves and seeing if I can calculate certain coordinates at any point of that line (just thought of this at the top of my head right now). In addition, I think being familiar with the equipment and the types of surveys out there (besides the typical topographic, control, route surveys, etc) can help.  

My EET scores and the number of difficult questions I found on the real test are somewhat similar to blee26's previous post. Maybe my expectations are too high. I just assumed that if I could score 70-90% on the EET tests, I would be able to score about the same on the real tests. 
Thank you so much for the info. I was also planning on going through the content twice. I will see if I have time to squeeze in any other resource.

Back