EET review classes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly recommend EET.  It could be a little bit better organized and more consistent from instructor to instructor, but it's certainly well worth the money.  Structural Depth (On-Demand) for me, just found out I passed.  For the afternoon portion of the exam, I used my EET notes almost exclusively.

I highly recommend EET for the civil structural depth and the breadth. They lined up what needed to be studied, had very good practice problems and the notes were great for both parts of the test. I personally used practice tests that I bought off Amazon as well to have even more practice on problems that were different from EET's, I did this just to make sure I had a very well rounded set of problems that I worked. I passed on my first attempt and I have already recommended this course to a co-worker who will be taking the test soon!

Thank you for all of the information in this thread! I'm about to be a third time civil structural taker, too. I'm considering trying EET to help with studying. I tried PPI this time around, but I'm not sure it will really give me what I need to pass by taking it again, so I'm looking into other options.

EET helped me pass civil transportation exam with 2 binders for each exam and no design manual just some key tables that I needed for calculations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can any of the EET participants (structural depth and breadth) see a need to read through the CERM on top of the EET binders ?

Can any of the EET participants (structural depth and breadth) see a need to read through the CERM on top of the EET binders ?
I had my CERM with me at the exam after taking both the EET breadth and structural depth classes this past spring. I think I opened it a few times during the exam, but overall used my EET binders WAY more. I think it's worth tabbing the CERM and at least having it for its incredible index. It does have a lot of extraneous information, but it also has information that EET does not. One can never know if an answer to a problem might be found in the CERM but not the EET binders.

I think the EET binders were good for 75-80% of the exam overall. I definitely didn't study out of the CERM (or its accompanying practice problems) this last time around, because EET provided more than enough practice problems and reading material for me. So I personally don't think you need to read through the CERM if you're following along EET's classes, but I would definitely bring the CERM with me and at least flip through it a bit to become familiar with where things are located in it.

I would definitely recommend EET for anyone planning to take the PE exam, I took the on demand classes for breadth and structural depth for April 2017, and I passed on my first try. I do not normally work designing structural stuff and I felt that EET covered really well all the topics.

I didnt even buy the CERM, I dont think that you need it, with the binders you have way more material than you need for the breadth, and you only have 6 min per question so you dont want to just be running through your references, keep it simple and just take the EET binder. For the depth just bring ALL the codes, I spent quite a lot of money on codes (as I said I dont normally do structural design, so I couldnt ask my company to buy any code besides de ACI 318). I was really happy to bring all of the to the exam (even AASHTO).

I am planning to take structural depth oct 2017 (first time) and wondering if you could list out the code books you took to the exam ? Also, I am taking EET webinar now and feeling lot comfortable with the material. Were you able to answer good chunk of depth questions based out of eet material ? Did you practice any other exam/problems apart from eet to get well equipped for the exam ? 

I am trying to gauge what other materials or practice tests/problems should I cover outside EET. I am running short of time with work commitments and newborn baby and would like to limit myself to a proper material for the preparation.

Thanks for your input.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would definitely recommend EET for anyone planning to take the PE exam, I took the on demand classes for breadth and structural depth for April 2017, and I passed on my first try. I do not normally work designing structural stuff and I felt that EET covered really well all the topics.

I didnt even buy the CERM, I dont think that you need it, with the binders you have way more material than you need for the breadth, and you only have 6 min per question so you dont want to just be running through your references, keep it simple and just take the EET binder. For the depth just bring ALL the codes, I spent quite a lot of money on codes (as I said I dont normally do structural design, so I couldnt ask my company to buy any code besides de ACI 318). I was really happy to bring all of the to the exam (even AASHTO).

Back