EET Live Webinar vs On-Demand Transportation Depth review classes?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AyanHein

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm taking EET On-Demand class for breadth 8 hours exam, and also planning to enroll for Transportation Depth with EET. But i haven't decided whether i should enroll in Live Webinar or On-Demand class? If you have taken EET's Transportation Depth class, please let me know how it was. 

Aside from lecture hours with review class, how much additional hours did you study outside of class? Is EET's binder/materials gonna be enough for actual exam?

Thanks in advance.

I took the On-Demand Class so I could watch the lectures whenever I wanted (Civil Transportation). I thought it was great! I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Make sure you watch all of the lectures and do all of the homework problems and practice exams associated with the class. Other than that, I did a few practice exams I found online leading up to the exam (which was just last week). If you want to be more confident, do the problems twice.

The 2 binders they provide cover about 80-90% of the test.

I was enrolled for the live webinar. You have access to past recordings as well before the live sessions start, so you get more for the same price. Additionally, you have the chance to communicate with the instructor and classmates during the lectures where discussions take place that are not recorded and available for the on demand version. Discussions that may involve previous test questions... The choice is yours.

I took the On-Demand Class so I could watch the lectures whenever I wanted (Civil Transportation). I thought it was great! I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Make sure you watch all of the lectures and do all of the homework problems and practice exams associated with the class. Other than that, I did a few practice exams I found online leading up to the exam (which was just last week). If you want to be more confident, do the problems twice.

The 2 binders they provide cover about 80-90% of the test.
Thank you JGipe1. How many additional hours did you study outside of the class? 

I was enrolled for the live webinar. You have access to past recordings as well before the live sessions start, so you get more for the same price. Additionally, you have the chance to communicate with the instructor and classmates during the lectures where discussions take place that are not recorded and available for the on demand version. Discussions that may involve previous test questions... The choice is yours.
Thank you Jmcc06. I did not know the on demand version don't have discussion between instructor and classmates. That would be an important factor for me to decide whether i'd go with Live or On Demand. The reason i am considering On Demand is that i might not be able to commit the whole 9 hours every Saturday.  Also, how many additional hours did you study outside of the class including doing HW, practice problems, etc..?

Thank you Jmcc06. I did not know the on demand version don't have discussion between instructor and classmates. That would be an important factor for me to decide whether i'd go with Live or On Demand. The reason i am considering On Demand is that i might not be able to commit the whole 9 hours every Saturday.  Also, how many additional hours did you study outside of the class including doing HW, practice problems, etc..?
If you miss a class, you can just watch it another day on adobe connect. 

As far as studying, I did a lot of that. I studied before I took the review course, so I wasn't learning much new stuff. I was very well prepared when I took the exam. You have to put in time though, EET can't do that part for you.

Thank you JGipe1. How many additional hours did you study outside of the class? 
I'm not sure exactly. Maybe 100. I did a lot of problems from the class twice though. My total was almost 300, with watching lectures (~80 hours), doing homeworks, problems, exams, reading notes.

Im going to go ahead and say a few things from my personal experience. 

#1. If you take the On Demand or Live (Web), either one lets you communicate with instructor. These guys are awesome about answering questions and promptly. I signed up for Breadth/Structural Depth and from the beginning I was told regardless of which one (live/on demand) I took I could always email the instructor with questions. 

#2. Please don't expect to be ready by just watching the videos and doing a few hours of studying. Unless you are a very gifted person or have a great subject background it will not be enough. 

#3. Start to study a minimum of 3 months before exam. I am speaking based on my experience, for others it will certainly be different, but this is not a "im gonna cram every thing in a month before the exam." 

#4. I highly recommend you take EET. These guys are good and the preparation material is spot on. However, Im from South Texas and theyre in California. The live webinar got a bit tough due to the 2 hour difference. I would end up watching a recording sometimes cause class would go up to 10 or 12 at night. Keep that in mind based on where         you are. It may be better to take the on demand course from the start. 

If you miss a class, you can just watch it another day on adobe connect. 

As far as studying, I did a lot of that. I studied before I took the review course, so I wasn't learning much new stuff. I was very well prepared when I took the exam. You have to put in time though, EET can't do that part for you.
Thank you Jmcc06. 

I'm not sure exactly. Maybe 100. I did a lot of problems from the class twice though. My total was almost 300, with watching lectures (~80 hours), doing homeworks, problems, exams, reading notes.
Sounds about right. I'm expecting 250 hours min. with the time watching lectures videos. Thanks.

Im going to go ahead and say a few things from my personal experience. 

#1. If you take the On Demand or Live (Web), either one lets you communicate with instructor. These guys are awesome about answering questions and promptly. I signed up for Breadth/Structural Depth and from the beginning I was told regardless of which one (live/on demand) I took I could always email the instructor with questions. 

#2. Please don't expect to be ready by just watching the videos and doing a few hours of studying. Unless you are a very gifted person or have a great subject background it will not be enough. 

#3. Start to study a minimum of 3 months before exam. I am speaking based on my experience, for others it will certainly be different, but this is not a "im gonna cram every thing in a month before the exam." 

#4. I highly recommend you take EET. These guys are good and the preparation material is spot on. However, Im from South Texas and theyre in California. The live webinar got a bit tough due to the 2 hour difference. I would end up watching a recording sometimes cause class would go up to 10 or 12 at night. Keep that in mind based on where         you are. It may be better to take the on demand course from the start. 
Thanks Hemi. I just purchased breadth on demand and went thru a few videos to see how the lectures are. I plan to study from mid November since i have a baby and i need to spread my study time. But i plan to put more time in Feb and March since i am also gonna try for survey exam. 

You are right about live class. Even though i'm in California, i don't think i can do live class because i am afraid i can't catch up lot of materials in a short period of time. I need to do on demand and do it at my own pace.

I wouldn't start in November. That's too early in my opinion. I mean you can, but I'd say you're better off waiting until January. It'll be easier to retain.

I wouldn't start in November. That's too early in my opinion. I mean you can, but I'd say you're better off waiting until January. It'll be easier to retain.
I agree with you. If i have a choice, i'd start in Jan and concentrate solid 4 months. But i can't really study more than 10 hours a week due to a baby and family. I'm thinking i can start now and watch EET on demand videos and do HW problems, and maybe i can do problems again (2nd time) in March or so. 

Back