EES vs. ELSES vs. NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kipVA

I just spoke with Jason @ EES... He indicated that EES had received the VA results from NCEES and that it may take up to THREE WEEKS for EES to process and forward to the Virginia board.

Could someone else please contact EES to see if they get a similar response? The EES number is 877-364-3926. I certainly hope that us Virginia folks don't have another 3-4 week wait.

I just called EES. Talked with some Lady who said they expect to get results from NCEES today and have processed to send to VA in 3-4 weeks.

Maybe they are saying 3-4 weeks to keep us from calling so much.

I can't wait for that much longer. :ZZZ:

Thanks for the phone number KipVA

There must be some kickback action going on or something. Or EES is super cheap compared to ELSES. Otherwise, why would VA have an extra level of bureaucracy?

That's just nuts! :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why it isn't regulated across the board.

I'm confused on the process and the roles of those involved.

I always thought that ELSES was basically NCEES, just set up as a sub. I can understand how/why on that one, but what I don't get is who is EES? and why are they needed if there is ELSES?

Shouldn't all NCEES tests be administered by the same body?

I don't know why it isn't regulated across the board.
I'm confused on the process and the roles of those involved. 

I always thought that ELSES was basically NCEES, just set up as a sub.  I can understand how/why on that one, but what I don't get is who is EES? and why are they needed if there is ELSES?

Shouldn't all NCEES tests be administered by the same body?
I think basically the states are responsible for adminstering the NCEES exams. Some of the states contract this out to testing services. These testing servicesalso adminster tests for states for barbers and accountants, etc.

EES is a subsidiary of PCS and they handle CT, IA, MA, NJ, PA, PR and VA.

CTS does IL

Castle does NY

CPS (I think) does WI

ELSES is a LLC of NCEES and does 35 other states. You can look on their website for the list of states.

I think that leaves California, Delaware, DC, Guam, Maryland, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands (basically Dleg), Rhode Island and the Virgin Islands. They do their own.

So yeah, it seems like if NCEES is doing the scoring, ELSES will get their states first and then the other contractors and individual states. I guess EES, CTS, CPS and Castle have to process the scores just like ELSES.

Then you get into the whole "Who sends out the scores) thing, which is CF in its own right. :cig:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow all those levels to go through for test results. An engineer must have thought up this system because it definitely isn't an easy thing to figure out. It is funny when i took my GMAT exam I got the results right after I took the exam online. Man what a concept, instant results!!!!!

Back