EE Degree Evaluation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex63

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I've recently discovered this forum and I hope I can find answers to my questions here. I have an EE degree from Russia and I really would like to evaluate so I can work according to my profession. However I was told that I need to take some evaluation exam or something like that which wasn't really clear to me. After googling for some time I found PE Exam that certifies you as engineer and you can work pretty much anywhere.

So my question to you guys is what is this PE Exam and who can take it? If only students who graduated from US college then where do I need to go to evaluate my degree? Hope this is the right place for my questions and if you can advise me, I'd appreciate it

Thank You!

Alex

Hello guys,
I've recently discovered this forum and I hope I can find answers to my questions here. I have an EE degree from Russia and I really would like to evaluate so I can work according to my profession. However I was told that I need to take some evaluation exam or something like that which wasn't really clear to me. After googling for some time I found PE Exam that certifies you as engineer and you can work pretty much anywhere.

So my question to you guys is what is this PE Exam and who can take it? If only students who graduated from US college then where do I need to go to evaluate my degree? Hope this is the right place for my questions and if you can advise me, I'd appreciate it

Thank You!

Alex
Hello alex63. Welcome to EB.com. Have a look at this thread as there has been some discussion on this topic in the past. Also, to be absolutely certain, depending on which state you plan to take the PE exam will dictate what requirements are necessary. The best way to obtain that information is to contact the state board in which you plan to take the exam. There are a number of EB.com members who have had to go through a similar experience (HerrKaLeun being one of them off the top of my head). Hope that helps. Good luck.

Hello guys,

Thank You!

Alex

I think that you need to complete the FE before PE. Some of the state can waive the FE if you achieved so many years experience...15 or 20 years above.

Howeve, it is better to contact your state board for more clear answer.

License Board Contact Information: http://www.ncees.org/Licensing_boards.php

Back