Earth Day!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmm...I'll take a trout filet marinated in chlorine and stuffed with mercury any day of the week.

In the words of Andrew Zimmern, "it tastes a bit minerally, but not bad!"

Mmmmm...I'll take a trout filet marinated in chlorine and stuffed with mercury any day of the week.

I can get you either or. You have to go to Lake Marion or Moultrie to get fish (striped bass mainly) marinated in mercury. I can hook you up with a spotted sea trout marinated in chlorine.

Actually, in all seriousness, the seafood in South Carolina is very clean and free of pollutants. Due to the flushing of the harbor with the tides the harbor and the coast stays pretty clean. Plus, there aren't a lot of industrial discharges down here. It's once you get inland to Lake Marion or Moultrie you aren't even supposed to eat any of the fish.

^ Makes me glad I live in a land where all you need is a couple of window units part of the time, 3 months out of the year.
My elctric bill was close to 400 bucks August before last. No lie, the AC ran non stop the whole month, except for about three hours one night.

I couldn't help but laugh so hard while reading this. All I could picture was you pulling off pieces of a cup off and feeding it to an eagle sitting in front of you like dogs do when they're expecting you're going to give them something off your plate. :rofl:
So you saw me?

With regards to the bald eagles, you probably should have sprayed some DDT on the nest to make sure the eggs were soft.
I would have, but I'd used up my DDT on the California Condor nest.

I can get you either or. You have to go to Lake Marion or Moultrie to get fish (striped bass mainly) marinated in mercury. I can hook you up with a spotted sea trout marinated in chlorine.
I'm heading to NY this weekend. I can get you some PCB laden striped bass from the Hudson! Let's swap.

Since I'm green conscious though, I won't send it in a refrigerated delivery truck. I couldn't live with myself if there was a freon leak.

I'm heading to NY this weekend. I can get you some PCB laden striped bass from the Hudson! Let's swap.
Since I'm green conscious though, I won't send it in a refrigerated delivery truck. I couldn't live with myself if there was a freon leak.

I've never had striped bass with the PCBs. I hear it has a bit of a tang to it followed by a burning sensation as the PCBs destroy your liver.

The mercury just gives you the shakes and impairs your cognitive abilities for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
The night of the power outage????
No, I woke up confused, thought it was Earth Day, and vented some freon to enlarge the ozone layer hole. After I lit a tire on fire, I could read my watch and noticed it was August, not April. So I stopped the venting, went back inside and cut the AC down to 55, just in case it really was Earth Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back