Doggie Dentist

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing with our old boxer...had a lump on his rear leg removed for about $150. Vet told us to make sure he took it easy for a few days. Anyone who's had a boxer knows how likely that is. He ate through his "cone of shame" and pulled his stitches. Cost us $250 to get him re-stitched after hours at the emergency vet.

Yeah, I believe it. Dogs are tough and will suffer through more than we as humans would. But I would expect them to be "happier" without pain and suffering.

Some book said that pets are not friends or family. I would disagree. If you welcome a pet into your home, they become family and need to be cared for as such. Having said that though, I would question those that put their pets through chemotherapy when they are old and already suffering. I gotta think folks like that are trying to prolong the pets life for their own benefit, not the pets.
Totally agree. My dogs have always been a part of the family. Why they continue to treat some of these elderly people is a nystery to me. Why would you prolong a pet or a person's life when the quality of life isn't there and has virtually no chance of coming back? FWIW, similar to badal's post, there comes a time with a pet where economics plays a part in the decision/course of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back