DIY Rain Barrels

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on going with something more long term once the funds are available. Something along the lines of a small storage loft, but that won't happen until next year at the earliest.

The issue I have now is that I'm trying to figure out how/where to store a pair of PowerWheels cars and some other large outdoor toys since I don't have a shed. They're too big/awkward to try to lift onto some type of higher shelf, I need the floorspace, but I also need a relatively quick access to them if the kids want to play (especially since we're still seeing 50+ weather lately). I figure for ~$60 its worth a shot.

ps. I will definitely install some sort of "lockout" to it to keep the kids away (and to protect the Camaro parked nearby).

Edit:

Actually, I would consider a more permanent storage idea.
I really like the shelving above the garage door idea. I might make that happen in the Spring. I have a single shelf above similar to the yellow ones as well.

Edit:

I really like the shelving above the garage door idea. I might make that happen in the Spring. I have a single shelf above similar to the yellow ones as well.
I've got wire shelving around most of the perimeter of my garage interior. That crap gets EXPENSIVE, reeeeeeeallly quick.

Edit:

The problem I see is you have to open the door, back a car out, go inside, close the door, THEN access what you want.

Shelves around the periphery looks better to me, although it may brain you if too low.

I don't have much stuff worthy of longer-term storage that would be put over the garage door. I definitely wouldn't use over-the-door storage for things I use fairly regularly, probably just storage for things like 2x4's, plywood, and misc building materials that would require the removal of the cars to work on anyways.

Back