Diagnostic Reports - Failed Grades

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 52 questions correct using the spreadsheet on the TRASPO exam and failed. Hard pill to swallow. I'm thinking about reviewing the exam. Is there a way to contest the score (this really sucks)!!

Some states do the right thing and reveal scores.
Although it is an NCEES policy for NCEES to not do so. But NCEES has to give the state boards the grades. And some state boards give out the grades. If you fail, you can take your diagnostic report, along with your grade, and calculate exactly the number of right/wrong answers you got for each category of questions.

One engineerboards.com member erroneously said, "People with 52, 53, 54, 55, and 56 ALL got the same 69." Well, ... He is wrong!

I would like to poll all members who have failed the PE, received their grade, and compared it to the diagnostic, to "Reply" to this post with your own experience.

" A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument."

You can request (and pay for) your test to be re-graded, but basically, that means they just double check the scan-tron result by checking the bubbles by hand. This may help you out if you maybe had a bad erase job on a bubble or two that threw off the scan-tron machine. But if you think they are going to change the cut score to make you pass, you're dreaming.

The fee for manual verfication is $75. At the end of the form on NCEES there is an FAQ and one of the questions is:

Q: How often has manual verification resulted in a change from a failing score to a passing score?

A: A manual verification has never resulted in a change from failing to passing.

It's tough to be so close to passing, but sounds like a manual verification is probably a waste of money and unlikely to change the result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back