Demand and energy management/calculations

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I took the Oct 2016 Power Pe exam and failed. I  still not understand well how to calculate Demand and energy management. Does anyone has documents or samples on how 

to calculate Demand and energy management?

I also weak at  Protection coordination. Where do I find more informations about Protection coordination?

Thank you so much. I feel so sad since I study so hard and still fail.
Sometimes it is a good idea to throw the actual question at hand, into the forum, instead of reading the same material again again and not getting into the subject. May be someone may explain it to you in a better way.

Demand/energy management and load factor are all somewhat similar; and essentially, you'll need to take into account the total available output in some timeframe, and relate it to what was actually used/consumed in that same timeframe (think of a 5-gallon bucket of water with 3-gallons in it - just as a comparison).  Not an all-inclusive explanation, but should be good enough to get you started.

I have an idea. To start with. start from your house bill. See your rates, slab rates, conditions etc. Prepare your bill yourself and check whether the utility guys are doing it correctly. See how you can reduce your bill. Why the utility has kept the slabs like that? Given the opportunity what slabs would you like to have for you? Why would utility would not agree to the slabs proposed by you?

This subject is based on simple business sense. I feel if you understand your bill, you will understand the subject.

On lighter side if you do not need to have a look at your utility bill and try to reduce it, implies you have a lot of money and PE is not your cup of tea..

Sometimes it is a good idea to throw the actual question at hand, into the forum, instead of reading the same material again again and not getting into the subject. May be someone may explain it to you in a better way.
She was talking about a question on the actual PE exam. Please be careful because you could get someone barred from being a PE forever if they answered your question. We cannot discuss the Exam content, we signed an agreement.

She was talking about a question on the actual PE exam. Please be careful because you could get someone barred from being a PE forever if they answered your question. We cannot discuss the Exam content, we signed an agreement.
I do not think anyone will mean that. Everyone on the forum must be aware of the conditions of NCEES/Board.  And what I meant was, it is easy sometimes to explain  with the help of an example then by simple explanation of theory.  Anyways I framed a house hold question or him/her to start, It is always good to reiterate, revise and remind such cautions  again and again, lest we make a mistake and  thanks for doing it.

Chapter 27 (14 pages in all) of  Wildi book gives a very good Idea and explanation on this topic. Wildi sir has given a few examples nicely explained. This chapter along with going through and understanding a few types of fares given in the link shared by KatyLied PE of Alabama Power gives you fair idea of the subject. To me this topic is an application of a simple bussiness sense. Is there anything else left in this topic.

Back