December 8th release date

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12/8 is my B-Day! Hopefully took my last test... CA Seismic. This would be a good day to get the Passed email!
Mine is 12/24 and also hoping for an early birthday gift... sounds like you've taken the exam before as have I...hopefully our last .. good luck!!

Mine is 12/24 and also hoping for an early birthday gift... sounds like you've taken the exam before as have I...hopefully our last .. good luck!!
Took it last fall. past Surveying and the national.Failed seismic miserably!!!! :blink:

Rumor has it they will be released in Thanksgiving Day! As a Thanksgiving present to all! So be thankful!!! AMEN to the turkeys being sacrificed for us this Thanksgiving! Trumps hair is not real FACT! 

Rumor has it they will be released in Thanksgiving Day! As a Thanksgiving present to all! So be thankful!!! AMEN to the turkeys being sacrificed for us this Thanksgiving! Trumps hair is not real FACT! 

Fake news (except the part about Trump's hair).
Could be that they are released on Thanksgiving day - but they are sent via blind carrier pigeons.

MN Board’s Credentialing Committee meets Dec 7th. So, I’m thinking results will come out around that time. There’s also another Board meeting Nov 29th.

My money is on the 15th for CA. The way I see it, if it's sooner than that, it's like a really good... or really bad surprise. 

When I took the FE in 2012, it was pencil and paper still and I was in there with people taking the PE. All results were released at the same time which was Friday Dec. 7th. It sounds like this pattern has been continuing so I'm going to bet Dec. 8th as well.

According to ncbels.org registration opened on 12/12/16 for the Spring 2017 exam.  If results were released on 12/08/16 this means that registration opened the following Monday.  This year registration for Spring 2018 opens on 12/04 so I'm hoping for results on 12/01 or 12/02.

If results release timelines from the last six exams are a reasonable prediction of future, business days between exam date and results being released to the boards (based on NCEES news history) are as follows:

1st quartile - 25 days

Median - 25 days

3rd quartile - 27 days.

So, 75% of all exam results have historically met this 27 work day timeline. Also, exam results have been historically released to Boards on either a Tuesday or Thursday. So that makes December 1 or December 5 my predicted range.

I'm not sure of the typical delay between the release of results to Boards and availability of results on the My NCEES web portal, which likely varies by State.

If results release timelines from the last six exams are a reasonable prediction of future
If you are including April exams, then they are not. October exams take longer due to Thanksgiving break.

Not really, trends are similar for April and October, 25 - 30 weekday range (including holidays). Once October was only 23 weekdays (2014).

Idk... doesn't simple math puts us sometime around Christmas?

The NCEES website clearly states 8 - 10 weeks after the exam. 

October 27 ---> December 22 to January 5 

That's the time window results should be out if the 8-10 week time frame stays true... 

Back