De-motivational posters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I didn't make this one up - i saw it, but it made me laugh....

n9379614_40873190_6959.jpg

That's why I'm glad I didn't check out EB.com until the week after I took the exam...

^^ Me, too. It would take much discipline not to be on EB.com. But, for those who are supposed to be studying, don't get trapped.

EB.com didn't exist until the week after I took my exam.
Well arent you just the hottest **** around. J/K.

I will say EB.com helped me tremendously in passing the FE. I was a nervous wreck and being able to hear from other engineers who have gone through it was priceless in keeping my confidence up.

Ut oh ... someone is not satisfied with the level of customer care Uncle Sam is handing out ....

JR

^^^ Actually I have had my battles with Tricare from my active duty + active reserve duty days. I was discharged from active duty to reserve with an ongoing medical ailment. I was told that when I reached my reserve duty station that I would receive follow-up care. Guess what happened? Yeah .. you know it. So there I was some schmoe that was unable to work either my reserve duty or a regular job because of a serious, debilitating medical ailment.

I contacted my senators office - Bob Graham at the time. He initiated a congressional investigation and not only got me the medical care that I needed but also provided me with backpay as if I were active duty during my convalescent leave at my next higher pay grade because I missed my promotion while on sick leave. :true:

I know there are people who fall in between the cracks when it comes to medical care - I was one of those poor souls. It is easy to point to a beauracratic system and say that it is uncompassionate or so inflexible as to help those with need, but I have also been on the receiving end when things were made right so I have no complaints.

I still have complications from time-to-time because of those medical problems, but I don't blame anyone or anything but genetics and the random course of events that lead to those problems. Uncle Sam and Tricare finally did right by me - in the end that is all you can really expect.

JR

I still have complications from time-to-time because of those medical problems, but I don't blame anyone or anything but genetics and the random course of events that lead to those problems. Uncle Sam and Tricare finally did right by me - in the end that is all you can really expect.
I think we usually just hear about the things that go wrong, not the things that go right. Tricare is a large bureaucracy but I think it does a good job of resolving most "slips through the crack". I've had the occasional problem, but nothing that wasn't resolved quickly.

I do have a strange story, though. My wife was having surgery at a Naval Hospital to remove nose polyps - the procedure required general anesthesia and a special device that somehow chopped up the polyps into tiny bits that were then sucked them out. The surgery was supposed to last about three hours. After thirty minutes, the surgeon came out looking for me. He said they had a problem with this special device - it wasn't working and despite their best attempts to use the operator's manual, they couldn't fix it. So *I* had a decision to make. Did I want the doctor to just rip out the polyps with forceps (I guess this is the way they used to do it) or stop the surgery and try another day. I just stared at the Doctor for a few seconds and then asked how in the hell I was supposed to make such a decision without more information. The stall tactic worked! Out came some OR tech yelling "we fixed it, we fixed it!" Decision averted, and the surgery went fine after that. But I always wondered if they just forgot to plug the **** thing in.

Back