D-Day Vet jumps out of airplane at age 93

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We really are not worthy of what these people did for us.
this times 10. Those from my generation and those younger than me make me sick with their yuppy, elitist views. they need to wear the shoes of those who made that jump or stepped off the landing crafts 70 years ago.

EDIT: a-holes like OZ will probably debate that D-Day never happened. Propaganda by the govt and shit like that. They all make me sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
my grandfather was in New Guinea during WW II and he went back to visit with some buddies when he was in his 60's.. I think it was very theraputic for him, he said when you lose lots of friends at once you dont really get to say goodbye but he said walking around the island he said he could almost see them and feel them....

Both my grandfathers were there. Neither talked about it much.

I always try to remind myself when I get ticked off at the Army about something that they had it so much harder back then in every aspect... It was hard enough to go 15 months only hearing from a loved one about once every few weeks, I couldn't imagine having gone that or longer with just a few letters or postcards...

my grandfather went to Ga Tech with the person that ended up being his CO (they were friends before war) He let my grandfather take pictures under the promise that he wouldnt mail them home until after the war (that was a big deal back then). So I have a ton of slides (My grandpa believed in taking slides) from the pacific that I really really need to get converted into a digital format. they are really cool (Ive got a whole damn shoebox of them) It was rare to have any photos that werenot "offical US army photos" I keep saying one day I am going to put together a phot book and sell or something. .its mainly just of his friends sitting around when it was down time, the natives, and the islands.... but its a great gift that I was able to end up with them..

I also have some letters he wrote his wife that were stamped "apprroved" or something, all mail coming and going had to to be read . that had to suck..

^ there are a slew of online resources that can actually do that for you but come with a price tag obviously. LadyFox's brother also found some old video (on slides or tape or something) that he had sent in and had digitally converted and put on DVD. Quality was actually better than I imagined. It was cool to see a bunch of old videos from the 50's and 60's.

this times 10.
And anyone that would like to see just a glimpse of this, watch Band of Brothers and take note of the actual live interviews. Some of those get me all choked up because they are truly genuine.

^ there are a slew of online resources that can actually do that for you but come with a price tag obviously. LadyFox's brother also found some old video (on slides or tape or something) that he had sent in and had digitally converted and put on DVD. Quality was actually better than I imagined. It was cool to see a bunch of old videos from the 50's and 60's.

this times 10.
And anyone that would like to see just a glimpse of this, watch Band of Brothers and take note of the actual live interviews. Some of those get me all choked up because they are truly genuine.
I may be watching a marathon this evening. Me and jack...

this times 10.
I may be watching a marathon this evening. Me and jack...
I'm intrigued. I may have to dust my copy off as well.

Will probably skip the intro/training episode. Or just watch the ending where the US enters the war and all the planes from the 101st are taking off. The epic music and huge rumble on my 7.1 dolby surround is pretty awesome.

Then probably right into episode 2. Carentan is one of my favorites. And the one where the "Sherman regiment" saves the day.

I've always liked "the replacements" episode, but that's because I liked the portrayal of Randleman's charcter.

Text message conversation between me and the hubby

Me- I didn't think it was all that wonderful of an idea to jump tandem on static line

Him- It's been done a few times... not standard stuff though

Me- So not something to do with a 93 yo man?

Him- Exactly what you do for a 93 yo man...lol

for some reason I found this amusing...

Latest posts

Back