Cross Product and Matrix Determinant - PPI Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akyip

Reaction score
So I started doing the PPI PE practice exams a bit late, because I previously heard that the PPI study book is rather excessive in coverage compared to what the actual PE exam will have.

Does anyone think we will really have to know cross products and matrix determinants? Lucky for me, I still barely remember how to do cross products and determinants, and the TI-36X Pro does have functions for solving dot products, cross products, and matrix determinants.

I should also get to know my (2) TI-36 Pro calculators more.

PPI Exam 1 Q 13.jpg

PPI Exam 1 Q 41.jpg

I reviewed basic Math like these especially the matrices since it is the fundamental Math used for Z-bus and Y-bus matrices. 

@akyip don't waste your time on the PPI exams at all. They have never been reflective of the actual exam. 

I took the exam 7 times. Never used matrix math or integration. Used some trig and basic math. 

@akyip don't waste your time on the PPI exams at all. They have never been reflective of the actual exam. 

I took the exam 7 times. Never used matrix math or integration. Used some trig and basic math. 
That's what I heard too initially, but in doing the PPI practice exams I think there are a few interesting concepts I picked up from these exams.

I would ignore this question. There is a very slight chance you might see something like this on the FE exam, but not the PE exam. Hard pass.

Back