Critique my PE power review schedule

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, I passed.

I found that the PPI material was not enough to pas, as mentioned I printed some supplemental materials. The complex imaginary exams x 2-4 were enough in my opinon.

Congrats!! Out of curiousity, how close did you stick with your original schedule?
Not very close at all. It took about a month to go over all the book theory. I spent a week or so accumulating extra material online as I reviewed. I spent 3 months doing practice problems and misc. review as I found gaps. I think 3 months total is all you really need (for me). The FE was MUCH harder to pass honestly, but that was because I waited 10 years after college. I put in maybe 200 hours to study for the PE and about 250 for the FE.

Congrats!! Out of curiousity, how close did you stick with your original schedule?
Not very close at all. It took about a month to go over all the book theory. I spent a week or so accumulating extra material online as I reviewed. I spent 3 months doing practice problems and misc. review as I found gaps. I think 3 months total is all you really need (for me). The FE was MUCH harder to pass honestly, but that was because I waited 10 years after college. I put in maybe 200 hours to study for the PE and about 250 for the FE.
Totally agree. I started off with a pretty similar schedule, but abandoned it by the middle of January. My strategy turned into: Just do practice exams. If you don't understand something, dig through your references until you figure it out. The key for me was getting enough practice exams to keep this fresh. I got all of the practice exams that I could: CI, Spinup, PPI, and the official NCEES one. Honestly, I felt like this was overall a much more efficient way of studying for me.

Totally agree. I started off with a pretty similar schedule, but abandoned it by the middle of January. My strategy turned into: Just do practice exams. If you don't understand something, dig through your references until you figure it out. The key for me was getting enough practice exams to keep this fresh. I got all of the practice exams that I could: CI, Spinup, PPI, and the official NCEES one. Honestly, I felt like this was overall a much more efficient way of studying for me.
It was similar for me, but I did not take power in college (electronics), so I reviewed theory first since I had no idea how to do ANY problems from the start.

Back