CRANE OPERATIONS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freon

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was asked to get "spun up" on doing some heavy lift planning. Anyone out there have any experience doing "Engineered Lifts" with large cranes and heavy, >100 ton, loads? I need some reference materials.

Freon

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I was asked to get "spun up" on doing some heavy lift planning. Anyone out there have any experience doing "Engineered Lifts" with large cranes and heavy, >100 ton, loads? I need some reference materials.

Freon
I don't imagine the Navy Crane Center (part of NAVFAC) would have much stuff of use in the their crane bible (P-307). I don' know anyone personally at the Navy Crane Center but if you waned to cold-call I could certainly get you some names and numbers.

I can ask around here on site, they did a 120t lift a couple years back on a new splitter column.

I do know they did full reviews of the transport, including transportation maps, crane failure maps, failure analysis, swing maps, soil density testing, etc etcetc

As a result of the soils report, they had to excavate 12' of soil where the crane mat was going to go and replace it all with an engineered fill.

Back