Cost of everything keeps going up, up, up

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdcengineer

Sharp as a piece of beach glass
Reaction score
It's been commodities, coffee, gas, food.....

Now I just bought diapers for the first time since May and I paid over 25% more. We used to buy on Ebay because it was cheaper than the big online sales stores. But even there prices are up.

I guess I'll just have to start getting outta bed at night and quit wearing the pampers. Damn! But I don't know what we'll do about the little man... And to think, the wife wants another little one.. @$!

they have come a long way with cloth diapers. Until they are on solid foods, there are kinds that require no dunking. Works just like a disposable but is washed instead of tossed. Used them for the first 18 months or so with minisnick.

My mom used Tidy Diaper Service for both me and my sister, because disposables were still pretty new in 1966 and weren't all that acceptable. I still remember the stench from the diaper pail when my sister was an infant. Later, it was used as a normal trash can in her room, and I never missed the opportunity to remind her of its original purpose.

TDS used to drive pink Econolines, IIRC.

Now it's rare metal hording from China driving up the cost of CFL lamps nearly 100%. All things keep increasing except my fees and compensation. I fear we are in a irreparable decline in the USA

Now it's rare metal hording from China driving up the cost of CFL lamps nearly 100%. All things keep increasing except my fees and compensation. I fear we are in a irreparable decline in the USA
Luckily they moved the ban date for incandescents back to Sep 2012, and they hope to eventually override the ban.

We've found that the best place to buy diapers is BJs. They will take both a BJs coupon and a manufacturer's coupon, so we typically get $10-$12 off a box of Pampers. We've also had good luck with Luvs, which are about half the price, but YMMV.

In our experience, poop leaves Luvs. Poop stays in Huggies. Don't know why.

We also discovered a deadly combo: freerange, out of sight, and quiet baby. :mf_followthroughfart:

Depends on baby for us poop and pee leaves huggies frequently, luvs only occasionally. Pampers are the only diaper to contain minisnicks thermonuclear creations with any certainty. Although luvs are the generic pamper, so i guess for a generic they work according to design.

We never had any luck with huggies. Pampers are by far the best, but luvs performed well enough that we used them quite a bit too.

Sorry, I must correct myself. It is Pampers that we use, not Huggies. And yes, they are well sealed for our protection.

Back