Control Systems on Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsgoldberg

Reaction score
I will be taking the ME, mechanical/materials depth, and I've been following the exam spec put out by NCEES, to make sure I am studying only what I need to be studying.

However, I don't see any mention of controls on the spec. Should I not worry about it?

It's really not much to study anyway, but if I can spend my time better elsewhere.... Thanks in advance.

I hear ya man. I am taking the TFS and dont see it anywhere at all! plus, I didnt take any control system courses and if it (hopefully not) showed up on the exam, I will leave it for last or might guess blindly and take my shot at the 25% probabilty :p

I took HVAC last April and there was not one controls-related question.

If it's not on the exam spec, it won't be on the exam. NCEES won't pull a fast one on you.

Nice! Thanks for the input. I'll quickly skim it, but I don't plan on doing any problems. I had 2 controls classes in college.

How about vibes? The level of difficulty of the problems?

The exam spec lists it, so I am studying it, but I'm wondering what level of problems they'll throw at me.

I recall easy problems in the morning and more difficult problems in the afternoon. The morning was "plug these numbers in to find this value" and the equation was listed in a table in the MERM. The afternoon will be more specific to your depth exam and more difficult. I found the MERM to be sufficient for vibrations, though.

Back