Control Systems Engineering (CSE) PE Examination books

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supra33202

Reaction score
I will take the CSE exam in Oct 2013.

What books/reference materials do you recommend to bring on the exam?

Thanks!

If you go to the ISA.org website and search the "CSE Review Class - EN00", at the bottom of the page there is a "Pre-Instructional Survey". The survey gives you 18 questions similar to what you may see on the PE exam. Take a look at it and see how you do. It will give you a pretty good gauge of how much you know, and how much you will need to study for the exam.

I took the ISA review class and took the CSE PE exam in October 2011. I passed on my first try!!!

Get the Liptak books. Nothing helped me more than those books. You can check your local university library and see if you can check them out. Most of your questions on what instrument to use for application X comes out of those books. Also, a book on computer networks and industrial protocols is helpful.

I believe there were a couple questions on finding the transfer function given the diagram, but not as bad as the ones I had in my study guides.

The biggest thing that I wish I had and didn't was a table of ISA standards with a brief synopsis of what it covers.

Back