Construction Reference ???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrf500

Reaction score
I'm taking the April Civil PE (construction). While working through practice problems, I'm finding I need formulas and constants related to construction equipment production. Things along the line of "formula for horsepower required to overcome a gradient", "constants for diesel consumed/hour/hp of an engine", etc, etc.

Anybody know of a good reference to find these items? The problems are a piece of cake once you find this one hidden formula or variable. I've read through the other threads, but not sure of a good reference for this. There isn't one listed on the NCEES recommended references page. I've read in one other thread a guy brought along "Construction Planning, Equipment, and Methods"....but I didn't find any further detail than that (or if it was any good, or if it covered these types of items).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is my experience with the afternoon Construction Module from Oct 2010. I don't recall needing a reference with that sort of detail for equipment production. I wouldn't spend too much time on that particular topic because I wouldn't expect it to be more than 3-6%% (1-2 problems) of the afternoon module. If you do encounter an equipment production problem you should be able to calculate production relatively easily based on the information provided.

(I passed BTW)

I appreciate the insight and will take your advice. Thanks again!!

Back