Construction AM Study Guide

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topdog

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can study for the basic construction AM problems or any study guides for to email me! Would Appreciate it alot...Thanks

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can study for the basic construction AM problems or any study guides for to email me! Would Appreciate it alot...Thanks
I missed the exam last April by 2 points, I wasn't able to take the OCT so I'm prepping again for this April- I would definitely recommend buying a basic construction textbook for ease of looking up basic material. I bought "The Fundamentals of Building Construction" off amazon used- had some basic material that would have helped with two AM questions (one I was able to eventually find in the CERM- but the textbook would have saved me a ton of time looking).

I missed the exam last April by 2 points, I wasn't able to take the OCT so I'm prepping again for this April- I would definitely recommend buying a basic construction textbook for ease of looking up basic material. I bought "The Fundamentals of Building Construction" off amazon used- had some basic material that would have helped with two AM questions (one I was able to eventually find in the CERM- but the textbook would have saved me a ton of time looking).
I appreciate that I will definitely check it out!

I agree for AM all you need is CERM. Not all of the construction material is in the "construction" section of CERM. It is spread out in Geotech, Transpo and Struct.

Not all of the construction material is in the "construction" section of CERM. It is spread out in Geotech, Transpo and Struct.
Yep. That's why it's helpful to review the ENTIRE reference before you write it off as useless...

Not all of the construction material is in the "construction" section of CERM. It is spread out in Geotech, Transpo and Struct.
Yep. That's why it's helpful to review the ENTIRE reference before you write it off as useless...

My edition of the CERM doesn't have the Construction portion. Any recommendations for other references besides buying a new CERM?

^^^ Depends on which version you have. I have the 10th edition and it worked just fine for the April 08 exam (first offering of the construction depth). I would still advise getting a current version. PE>>>$150 for a new book.

Back