computer: digital electronics question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian G

Reaction score
for those who took the new computer exam, did you see questions regarding digital electronics? for instance, in the older ncees study guide, there were a few questions showing a cpnnection of mos transistors and asking what logic gate it represented. i don't see any questions like that in the new ncees study guide.

thanks

Brian

for those who took the new computer exam, did you see questions regarding digital electronics? for instance, in the older ncees study guide, there were a few questions showing a cpnnection of mos transistors and asking what logic gate it represented. i don't see any questions like that in the new ncees study guide.

thanks

Brian
Hi Brian,

I'm taking the Electronics depth and noticed chapter 46 in EERMv8 (specifically page 46-19 dealing with MOS Logic.) You might want to review that section just in case. (By study guide are you referring to the Exam Specifications on % of each type of problem or to a specific book like PPI's EERM book?)

Hi Brian,
I'm taking the Electronics depth and noticed chapter 46 in EERMv8 (specifically page 46-19 dealing with MOS Logic.) You might want to review that section just in case. (By study guide are you referring to the Exam Specifications on % of each type of problem or to a specific book like PPI's EERM book?)
I am comparing the old NCEES sample questions/solutions, where there were questions regarding how a particular gate is built out of transistors, to the new format NCEES sample questions/solutions. i in the

new sample questions i don't see any reference to the actual physical construction of a logic gate. I was just curious if the new exam had any of those type questions. I'll study the material, anyway, but how in depth would depend on if it's on the exam anymore..

thanks for the input. btw i think i have EERM v7. i intended to sit for the PE last year, but i got involved in a project here at work that consumed me for 9 months and didn't want to take it w/o studying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back