Computer Based Testing Survey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vishal

^^ The Ultimate Driving Machine
Reaction score
I just got a mail from Texas board and at the first sight my heartbeats went crazy.. thinking about the results. Then I read it's a survey about NCEES to the recent examinee as they are considering computer based testing.

here's the link if it can be still accessed.

http://fs6.formsite.com/tbpe/form325759951/index.html

i was going to name the topic as Texas board mail, but considering that some of us are waiting for the results I had to think of a better title. Don't want to scare others like i was.

Last edited by a moderator:
... may come quicker if they start using computer based testing. I guess that's why they sent me this survey:

TBPE Computer Based Testing Survey

Principles and Practice of Engineering Exam - October 2007

The Texas Board of Professional Engineers is working with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) to evaluate Computer Based Testing. As a recent examinee, we would like your input on this topic. Please take a few moments and complete this very brief survey.

For the purposes of this survey, Computer Based Testing (CBT) is defined as the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam offered at a testing center via a desktop computer system. The content of the examination would be the same as the current paper and pencil version. The answers would be multiple choice and input via the computer.

General

I would take the PE exam via Computer Based Testing.

Strongly Agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

I would like the PE exam to be offered on the following schedule:

Twice per year (April / October). This is the current schedule.

Four times per year (quarterly).

Monthly.

I would like the PE exam to be offered in the following format:

One Eight Hour Session, all in the same day (current format)

Two Four Hour Sessions, can be taken on different days

I would be interested in taking the PE exam at a commercial testing center (ETS, Thompson Prometric, etc.)

Strongly Agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

I know of a commercial testing center within 50 miles of my home.

Strongly Agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Exam Process

How important are the following factors when taking the PE exam?

Not Important Slightly Important Neutral Important Very Important

Working problems via paper and pencil.

Using your own hand calculator.

Using an on-screen calculator emulator.

Having a paper version of the question.

Having a paper version of diagrams.

Overall Exam

How important are the following items concerning the PE Exam?

Not Important Slightly Important Neutral Important Very Important

Exam Cost

Availabilty (locations)

Availability (dates)

Availability (number of times per year)

Length of Exam

Speed of Grading

Exam Security

Follow-Up Information

This is my first time taking the PE exam.

Yes

No

I would be willing to answer follow up questions regarding the PE exam.

Yes

No

I just started a thread on this.. and did not specifically use this title.. for the obvious reasons.. but someone had to do it!!!

i was going to name the topic as Texas board mail, but considering that some of us are waiting for the results I had to think of a better title. Don't want to scare others like i was.
Don't worry - I took care of that for you.

Mods, please feel free to delete my slightly misleading post.

:oops:

I just got a mail from Texas board and at the first sight my heartbeats went crazy.. thinking about the results. Then I read it's a survey about NCEES to the recent examinee as they are considering computer based testing.
here's the link if it can be still accessed.

http://fs6.formsite.com/tbpe/form325759951/index.html

Ahhhh Vish. You missed a great chance. We are used to that here, always aware of false alarms but always fall for it. It is fun (funnier if you are not waiting for results have to say)

I just started a thread on this.. and did not specifically use this title.. for the obvious reasons.. but someone had to do it!!!
yeah, I saw your thread as soon as I posted mine. I attached a mea culpa to yours.

As someone who is waiting it is probably bad karma to do this.

Ahhhh Vish. You missed a great chance. We are used to that here, always aware of false alarms but always fall for it. It is fun (funnier if you are not waiting for results have to say)
well i m one of those waiting and did not want to inflict anyone with any more anxiety.. one of these days i will almost have a heart attack if my heart keeps at the current pace...

i voted for having the exam multiple times a year and at a professional testing site...

As someone who is waiting it is probably bad karma to do this.
Yup, you are probably going to have to wait until late February or early March for results now. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back