• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Complete Civil PE exam package (CA) - everything you need to pass!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This package has it all, everything you need to pass the exam in one go. I used this material and nothing more to do that myself last April. I was about to sell it when my friend begged me to let him use it all. He also passed in one go this October. So here it is for the next lucky individual. All the work has been done for you as I have collected all the books and study material, indexed the page numbers of sample problems for typical problems, and organized everything into binders.

I will not break this package up. Serious inquiries only. $350 including shipping (Media Mail)

Posting will be removed when sold. Email questions to [email protected]

Paypal only. Ships from CA.

For the 8-hour:

-”All-In-One Civil Engineering PE Breadth and Depth Exam Guide” by Goswammi (this is by far the best book out there, I could’ve passed the morning section easily using only this book)

-CERM, 9th edition (Older edition, but this is not the best book to use as study material anyway, as it’s far too comprehensive. It’s much better to have simply as a “reference” for quick look-up questions. I maybe used it on two questions during the exam).

-Self-made problem page index binder for 8-hour morning section (to be used with the All-In-One book, but includes all relevant NCEES Sample Questions and Solutions, 2000 and 2008 edition)

-Self-made problem page index binder for afternoon TRANSPORTATION section (also to be used with the All-In-One, but includes all relevant NCEES Sample Questions and Solutions, 2000 and 2008 edition)

For Surveying:

-The Civil Surveying Practice Exam Book by Mahalatti (this covers everything and most agree it the best one to use if you wanna pass.)

-My self-made problem index which references the appropriate page number for typical theory and calculation problems by category.

-Numerous example problems and solutions, both printed and hand-solved, all binderized and organized.

-”Staking Information” handbook, aka Secion 13 of the Surveys Manual produced by the California Dept. of Transportation

-”Elementary Surveying: An Intro. to Geomatics”, 10th edition, by Ghilani (not as important as the other stuff, but still included. more about surveying in general than how to pass the test).

For Seismic:

-”Seismic Design of Building Structures” by Lindeburg

-”345 Solved Seismic Design Problems” by Baradar (chapters 1-3 are the most important)

-Self-made problem page index binder for typical seismic design questions (includes many solved Hiner problems).

-Self-made problem page index binder for typical seismic theory questions (includes many solved Hiner questions).

Also included, at no additional charge:

-all seismic code material

-12” wooden ruler, just in case you need it

Plus, if you're taking the TRANSPORTATION depth, you're in luck. I'll throw in all the code material you need for that too!

Like I said, this set has it all, and therefore will not be broken up. This is a package deal. Not only does this save you the hassle of hunting down all types of books, but all the organization has been done already. I tabbed the sh!t of of everything. If you study this material properly, you will require no additional books to pass. All else you need is a calculator.

Back