College Majors that Require the Most Effort

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"all degree programs are equally difficult" - Fellow engineer's GF over dinner (theater studies major)

I never realized Theater Studies had a dropout rate of greater than 60%. Go figure.

it's OK, she has Museum Studies as a minor...

she spent the whole summer before her senior year in HS doing research on majors and made a very thorough presentation. there weren't no stopping that train at that point.

You mean she is going for her Mrs. degree hoping to land someone wealthy?
her criteria for a husband: tall, clear complexion, good sense of humor, expert skier, and....

drumroll please...

anthropology major!

I asked her: what's wrong with engineers?

Then I asked her if I'm going to have grandcats some day.

Hey! I know a guy exactly like that. He's originally from Wilson.

Only problem?

He's gay.

Did anyone else see the buzzfeed article about how you know you're an engineering major? One of them was about formula sheets. It brought back memories. The amount of material I could cram on a sheet of paper/index card. That's the reason my writing is so very tiny.

Wait, learning engineering is supposed to be hard? Why don't people tell me these things?

(If I'd had free choice of majors, my choices would have been between religion, psychology/psychiatry, English/Teaching, or computers.)

There are lots of programs a guy could choose, in which he'd have "plenty of options" while in school. None of those programs lead to careers that pay worth a damn though.

I remember folks laughed when an Ohio State football player seriously suggested that football should be a major. But I bet a school like OSU creates more professional football players than professional dancers, philosophers and art historians.

Did anyone else see the buzzfeed article about how you know you're an engineering major? One of them was about formula sheets. It brought back memories. The amount of material I could cram on a sheet of paper/index card. That's the reason my writing is so very tiny.

I remember making plenty of very artistic cheat sheets...
:plusone:

^coaching could be a serious major...teaching the finer points of strategy, public relations, communication skills...

18 hours per week???? I don't recall engineering school being that easy. Hell, I'm spending more time than that on just 2 courses a semester right now for an online engineering master of science.

Between 7 am and 9 pm, if I wasn't in class or working out, I was in the lab every stinking hour of every stinking day when I was getting my masters. 18 hours is child's play.

Back