COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2012

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because more people watch ACC football than Big East football. The Big East didn't sign a TV deal a couple of years ago whereas the ACC just signed a deal with ESPN. That is why Big East football is bashed so heavily on ESPN, they don't have a contract with them. I've heard West Virginia given more praise since they switched conferences they I've heard them get the last 4 years in the Big East.

The whole realignment is about money and TV households, not who is a better football program. Why else would Syracuse go to the ACC (New York marketshare)

If that were true then why would schools leave the big east to join the ACC?
$$$
And why does the ACC have more money?
Bad management/negotiations on the part of Big East leadership.
I think the answer you are looking for is that the ACC brings in more revenue, which is mostly going to be attributed to football.

And if she weighs less then a duck then she must be a... ?

f56033c6-a588-4c7b-b690-bb6a22c6aa39.jpg

Apparently Las Vegas does not know that Texas doesn't have a quarterback...I am hopeful that we will beat a bunch of skiers from Wyoming, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I just like college football... feels so much more real than that NFL stuff...
Umm...no.

I'll watch a New Years Day bowl game or two, but that's about all the college football I can get into. I wouldn't watch the DiscountTires.com bowl on Dec. 15th, much less anything before Labor Day. Bring on the NFL. At least those are reasonable matchups, as opposed to every game being between Powerhouse U. and Cupcake State for the for the Blind.
+100

The NFL really isn't that much different. Sure, it is easier in the NFL to take a crappy club and make them competitive for a few years or visa versa, but there are still always teams that excel and those that are perennial cupcakes (ever heard of the Cleveland Browns?). The NFL is far to predictable, more often or not the favorite wins and when the underdog does win it really isn't that much of an upset. College is different, yes you have powerhouse schools competing against cupcakes, but that isn't every week. And yes the opening weekend tends to have a lot of those match-ups, but college football doesn't have a preseason so I do feel that is somewhat excusable. What I love about college football that you don't get in NFL football is that when you do get upsets it is amazing. How many times have to seen the fans rush the field and tear down the goalposts in the NFL? It's just a different experience at a college football game then an NFL game.

But my number one reason for loving college football and not the NFL is that a college team will never pick up their program and move to another school. It's a silly thing, but when you grew up in Houston and rooted for the Oilers as a kid, it kind of taints your view of the NFL when that team now plays in Nashville. P.S. - F*** Bud Adams and the Titans, no one was happier when you came up one yard short in the Super Bowl then me. :D
At least the way teams make it into the post-season actually makes sense. That and the way teams/divisions are actually structured too.

NFL > College

Even as someone who played college football for a few years I have to say I like the NFL better. I will say that there is nothing like attending a college game though. Just something about the atmosphere of the tailgaters and the college girls help too!! :Banane20:

At least the way teams make it into the post-season actually makes sense. That and the way teams/divisions are actually structured too.

NFL > College
There are 32 NFL teams. There are 124 NCAA Division 1 schools.

Yes, the postseason selection process is a little convoluted in college but my feeling toward it is "meh". It's such a small part of the season for most fans and unless you are one of the half dozen or less schools that are in the national championship picture, it really doesn't matter.

belushi.jpg
>
NFL-logo.gif

P.S - Titans Suck

NFL > College
Whatev, NFL is a product; an entertainment production where you watch millionaires play a young person's game. Hey, I love football (NFL included), just dogging on the slappy 'NFL-only' types. Stay the hell outta this thread! :p

I just did my picks and determined that this is going to be too cumbersome to do every week... Can't they make a random selection of confidence points for those of us who don't care?

YES, join up on Yahoo sports FANTASY, college Pick em

EB.com Pick Em group.

To allow other people to join this group send them the Group ID# (13425) and the Password (Njneer1).

Remember, it is the Group ID#, not the group name, that other people must use to join your group.
/>http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/13425

PSU and Mich. St already destroyed my picks for the week.

I think I'm going to go 4-16 for the week.

These games are crazy..... and to think there are people in this thread talking about powerhouse vs. cupcake U ..... I think that argument is now void.

No kidding! I called most of the winners correctly, but everyone I thought would cover the spread and vice versa did not.

Back