College Basketball Thread 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FusionWhite

Epee ~)----- Fencer
Reaction score
One of the best sports seasons in the whole country has officially kicked off: NCAA BASKETBALL!

Let the smack talking/serious discussions begin!

I, for one, would like to congratulate the University of Louisville Cardinals on a win in their new stadium last night!

On another note I went to watch Kentucky play last weekend and they were very blahh. Not a lot of pop, nothing real exciting. They played well, but I can see them losing a few games in the SEC this year.

One of the best sports seasons in the whole country has officially kicked off: NCAA BASKETBALL!

I, for one, would like to congratulate the University of Louisville Cardinals on a win in their new stadium last night!

On another note I went to watch Kentucky play last weekend and they were very blahh. Not a lot of pop, nothing real exciting. They played well, but I can see them losing a few games in the SEC this year.
L'ville came out with a ton of energy in the first half, but seemed to have blown their wad in the second half. If they want to compete in the Big East, they are going to have to keep their energy up for the full game.

L'ville came out with a ton of energy in the first half, but seemed to have blown their wad in the second half. If they want to compete in the Big East, they are going to have to keep their energy up for the full game.
Or the refs could actually let the game be played and not call a foul every second when the game was played no differently in the second half as it was the first.

The refs per usual took the crowd out of the game by not letting the teams play.

Siva still needs to slow down, Justice looked good, Preston! probably shouldn't have played. A win is a win though and I'll take it any day. Double header on Saturday...I'll be at the WVU football game hopefully I can get my brother-in-law's tickets to the basketball game. Being in Paducah I miss alot of the games now :(

Or the refs could actually let the game be played and not call a foul every second when the game was played no differently in the second half as it was the first.
The refs per usual took the crowd out of the game by not letting the teams play.

Siva still needs to slow down, Justice looked good, Preston! probably shouldn't have played. A win is a win though and I'll take it any day. Double header on Saturday...I'll be at the WVU football game hopefully I can get my brother-in-law's tickets to the basketball game. Being in Paducah I miss alot of the games now :(
You ain't lyin' there. There were 60...SIXTY!, fouls in that game. Even Dicky V was complaining that the game took way too long to finish. Most of those came when Butler started fouling with 3 minutes left to play and trailing by 15 points. That young coach is talented, but he still has a lot to learn...like when you whipped, fouling just makes you look like a sore loser.

Siva reminds me a lot of Sosa, and both of them piss me off. When you have a 22 point lead, you want to bleed as much off the clock as possible, and both of those idiots will try to fast break, and throw up a well-guarded, off-balance shot with 30 seconds left on the shot clock. They don't know when to slow the game down.

I am pretty sure our local sports shows said that Mizzou will be the last FBS (or whatever they're calling the Div 1 NCAA bball grouping) school to have it's first game... we play tomorrow night. It's getting more exciting, but it'll be after football regular season is over before I start paying more attention to it.

The only interest I have in college b-ball outside of the tournament is the joy I get from Ohio State beating SEC teams.

WTF? How can anyone not like college basketball??? Outside of the NFL its the only sports season I can follow from beginning to end without getting bored.

WTF? How can anyone not like college basketball??? Outside of the NFL its the only sports season I can follow from beginning to end without getting bored.

College football is at this level: ------------

Everything else down here: -------------------------------

The only interest I have in college b-ball outside of the tournament is the joy I get from Ohio State beating SEC teams.
Just cuz THE ohio state can't cut it with the SEC in football, that's no reason to beat us up on a sport we consider a hobby.

Just cuz THE ohio state can't cut it with the SEC in football, that's no reason to beat us up on a sport we consider a hobby.

I bet THE Ohio State could have some even better players if they paid them like the SEC does. :p

College football is at this level: ------------

Everything else down here: -------------------------------

Yeah, the Tyson Chicken Gizzards Bowl is great fun. Nothing like a rip roaring contest between 2-8 ITT Tech and 4-6 University of Phoenix Online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already put Kennesaw State University in my bracket

& I agree with DV, cant get into any kind of baskettball, its not really a sport, but something you do in your driveway when your bored

& I agree with DV, cant get into any kind of baskettball, its not really a sport, but something you do in your driveway when your bored
thats my opinion of golf, its not really a sport just something you do in the back yard with the apples that fell fromt he tree.

Back