Collecting Codes based on April 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good, the best thing they don't change ACI-318 which is the biggest thing. Thank you Number Muncher.

For the AASHTO 7th Ed. it appears that lots of changes were made from the outside. Anyone familiar with the 6th and 7th edition provide insight on if it's worth it to buy the latest for the April exam?

I'd say it is; I only deal with the concrete side of AASHTO in my day job and there were enough changes that I wouldn't want to risk it. However, if it was that much of a money issue (and obviously AASHTO is not a cheap code) then I'd think that you at least wont automatically fail with bringing the previous edition. Definitely a lot more riskier than not bringing the PCI design handbook or the AISI cold formed specification/manual.

I'm working on updating my bridge book now. There are some significant changes, so may need 7th edition. There will be 12 new pages in my book that goes through these changes, but some are so extensively that you would need the new code. It did affect 2 of the problems in my book (1 vertical and 1 lateral) that will be updated.  

Also, may want to poke around online and see if a pdf can be found.  A link was posted to this forum for a previous AASHTO code. 

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Looks like if I have to retake either exam in the spring I'll just get the updated version. 

For those who have the AASHTO 6th Edition, I think we can get away by having AASHTO LRFD BDS 7th Edition 2016 Interim REVISIONS. This costs $133, and I think it has the needed updates. Much better than spending  a thousand bucks on a new 7th edition. 

Back