Col. Potter of MASH dies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
RIP! I honestly thought he was already dead because he seemed fairly old when the show ended. He lived a nice, long life.

"Sherman Teee Potterrr";

"Sherman Teee Potterrr";

"Sherman Teee Potterrrr";

Sometimes, I can still hear Kilnger talking to himself as he practiced forging Sherman T. Potters name, while using a Sherman T Potter voice.

klinger.jpg

Radar had it down, no practice needed.

mash_radar_oreilly.jpg

It was a really good show, I believe the intent was to show that war has bad consequences for those involved, but it didn't have an anti military theme like the stuff they make today.

Final episode was pretty powerful showing the strong friendships made by our servicemen.....

I watched that show every night growing up. I spent three weeks in the hospital when I was 10 years old, and the nurses couldn't believe that I would stay up to watch that show every night. I could relate to Hawkeye Pierce, and Col Potter seemed like many of the older guys in my small town.

I don't recall ever seeing a complete episode of that show. I recognize most of the faces, but never knew any of the character names.

We watch MASH reruns at least once a week. I think sunday on tvland or some channel like that has sundays set aside for MASH.

I used to watch at least two episodes a day throughout college. I can't watch them now, as I pretty much remember everything that happens.

I was disappointed greatly by the finale. i think they built it up way too much. probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if they hadn't.

Back