code books

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rei

Reaction score
Beside the NEC, are there any other code books that I need to take to the exam room? Also, how did you guys bring all of your books to the exam room since no backpacks are allow. Is it ok if I bring a box? Thanks.

In think the only other code they mention in the exam specs is the NESC.

As far as getting the books there, I used boxes and a cart. I saw other people using suitcases. They had us put our books at our table and had a staging area off in a side room. Once you were done with the test, you could carry your books back to where your boxes/cart was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw they listed no purses and no backpack. We can't even leave our backpack to the side?

I saw they listed no purses and no backpack. We can't even leave our backpack to the side?
I think the exact details vary by state, but the answer for Illinois in 2007 would have been no. Everything on top of the table. I think they let me put my bottle of water next to my chair. Everything else was on the table.

Florida they allowed suitcases, bags, and boxes. It states Purses and backpacks are note permitted in closed-book exams. I thought I couldn't so I was carrying all my books into the exam room, it was a pain in the rear.

We can bring in a ruler, right?
Yes, there is a list somewhere in the NCEES site or in one of the agreements, they give you a list of things including, ruler, compass, triangle...etc...and they say you can pick any 2 of those.

Back