CO Oct 2010 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcovey713

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what to expect for receiving my results in Colorado? It is an email right? Does the email state in the body if I passed, or do I have to go to another website to find out? Is the email the fastest way to find out, or is there a website that gives the results before the email is sent out? Thank you so much for any information.

JC

Checkout the DORA website. But otherwise the email is the fastest way,, and yes it does redirect you to another website which confirms your info before sending a second email with your results. The second email won't have anything in the body, it will just have 2 attachments, one with the pass/fail letter and the second is the "what to do next" attachment

Results for the April test came via email several days before the DORA database was updated, FYI.

If the timing is the same as for the April Test, results will be emailed around the 28th of December.

I passed in October and these are the names of the (2) attachments:

1. pass_fail...pdf - This one listed the results

2. CO_Pass.pdf - The CO_ Pass made me think pass, but it explained what to do next.

I don't know what the fails got. Perhaps a pass_fail... and a CO_Fail attachment.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed in October and these are the names of the (2) attachments:
1. pass_fail...pdf - This one listed the results

2. CO_Pass.pdf - The CO_ Pass made me think pass, but it explained what to do next.

I don't know what the fails got. Perhaps a pass_fail... and a CO_Fail attachment.

Good Luck!
Can you also tell us what are the file size, too? Thanks!

Does knowing the result 2 seconds earlier than if you actually open the files matter? Really?

If you go to the DORA website and login, you can view your license status, but I'm not sure if that gets posted before the email is sent out.

>https://www.doradls.state.co.us/

This is just an educated guess...but I am expecting results release on Dec 24...which will be 56 days.

C

Just FYI...Two years ago, I got my results on December 16th, via email from NCEES. 53 days of agony. If the exam was administered on 10/22 (I can't remember the exam date), 10/22 +53 days = December 14th (next Tuesday). I would look for it next week, if I were a betting man, which I'm not, b/c I can't afford to be! Good luck all!

Just FYI...Two years ago, I got my results on December 16th, via email from NCEES. 53 days of agony. If the exam was administered on 10/22 (I can't remember the exam date), 10/22 +53 days = December 14th (next Tuesday). I would look for it next week, if I were a betting man, which I'm not, b/c I can't afford to be! Good luck all!

Unfortunately the test was administered on Oct. 30 this year. So figure another week.

Unfortunately the test was administered on Oct. 30 this year. So figure another week.
10/30 + 53 = December 22.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. It's either going to be a good Christmas or a really crappy one.

Yep, that's what I was thinking. It's either going to be a good Christmas or a really crappy one.
The year before that I took the exam (I'm a 3 timer), it was before CO used the NCEES email system. I got the results letter in the mail on Christmas Eve. The letter came after the wife and I had already left to stay the night at my in-laws (they live about 30 minutes from us). Got home around 2 PM Christams day, saw the letter, opened it, it said FAIL, and that pretty much ruined the Christmas of '07 for me. I hope everyone on here passes! Again, good luck, and hang in there.

The year before that I took the exam (I'm a 3 timer), it was before CO used the NCEES email system. I got the results letter in the mail on Christmas Eve. The letter came after the wife and I had already left to stay the night at my in-laws (they live about 30 minutes from us). Got home around 2 PM Christams day, saw the letter, opened it, it said FAIL, and that pretty much ruined the Christmas of '07 for me. I hope everyone on here passes! Again, good luck, and hang in there.
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

These next two weeks I am focusing on not letting the results ruin my Christmas assuming I failed. On the flip side I will party my @#$ off if I pass.

These next two weeks I am focusing on not letting the results ruin my Christmas assuming I failed. On the flip side I will party my @#$ off if I pass.
I think Bluto has it right, ether way!

I think Bluto has it right, ether way!

The Oct PE was 29 Oct 10...I am still banking on 56 days..but it sounds like either way we are going to find out the week of Christmas.

C

Back