Civil Transportation PM

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the first handful of questions in the PM section to be pretty difficult at first but then as I finished up the afternoon section and my brain was adjusted from the AM to PM material I went back and was able to figure out some of the ones I thought were difficult. I think part of the difficulty between the AM and PM sections is being able to adjust your train of thought.

I found that there where around 3 to 5 questions, in the afternoon, where two of the answers could be debated one way or another. I really hope I answered those correctly. Besides that, most of the others questions were easily found in the references I brought or they were straight foward with no need to search for tables. I did have a chapter missing from my RDG which caused me to guess on one question.  Tip for anyone, hopefully I wont need it, bring all of the references and not just the chapters you think you need. They like to throw in off the wall questions that can be easily answered if you know that its in chapter x page yy paragraph 3. 
Same here. I actually emailed NCEES about it.

What do you guys mean by the exam being Geo heavy?  Doesn't the exam follow the NCEES outline?  I see that, per the outline, there could be an expected 10 Geo questions, give or take a few.  Was there more than that?http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Civ-Tran-October-2016_with-design-standards_rev1.pdf
The construction portion were more geotechnical in nature then any other construction topics is what we are saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What do you guys mean by the exam being Geo heavy?  Doesn't the exam follow the NCEES outline?  I see that, per the outline, there could be an expected 10 Geo questions, give or take a few.  Was there more than that?

http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Civ-Tran-October-2016_with-design-standards_rev1.pdf
There is a set outline of the exam, but there are some questions that arguably could meet multiple outline sections.  I think when I took the exam the set "outline" listed 8-structures questions and 8-transportation questions.  But in actuality there were also several materials questions that were just structures questions masquerading as something else, and I think there were geometric questions that were really transportation questions masquerading as something else, and I think even some of the constructions means and method questions were really "structures" questions. So I'm sure it met the NCEES outline technical definition, but realistically it felt like around 2/3 or more of the AM test questions were structures or transpo questions.  So I could see where if some of the "other" categories had leanings one way or another it might feel like the AM was geo heavy or structures heavy, or something else.  

Hey guys what are your scores looking like? A lot of my friends who came out of the exam thinking they would fail have scored in the 90s. 

Back