Civil/Structural October 09

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhaskarp

Reaction score
I took Structural I and could not make it in Apr 09. This time I took Civil/Structural, and did better than last time. How did you guys do?

Copied from another thread:

I took the structures afternoon session and overall, I felt the exam was very straightforward. There were only a couple of questions in each session that I had to guess on, and I at least tried to make it an educated guess. I feel like I did pretty well, but that really doesn't mean anything until I get that letter saying I passed!

I also failed the Str I in April. I took the Civil exam with Structural depth in October and passed! The morning was cake. I tried to be careful and take my time, and I triple checked everything, but I still left the exam room at 10am. The afternoon section was comparable in difficulty to the Str I, IMHO, but I was much better prepared this time: Practice problems, practice problems, practice problems. I left the exam room with about 45mins remaining in the afternoon section, whereas I went right down to the last minute or two when I attempted the Structural I exam.

Back