Civil PE Self Study Review Program?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HP Junkie

Reaction score
Im looking for a self study program for the Civil Exam, my boss gave me a brochure for PE Readiness and I was wondering if this is the way to go? Are there any other options to explore? I went the self study route with the FE (happened to have taken it 3yrs after graduating) and actually enjoyed not having to sit in class, was actually able to stick with a pretty strict study regimen..

Thanks,

John

ASCE has a CD/review course.

It was alright, but I got more out of working NCEES problems and lindbergh problems

FYI passed oct 08 1st time

I used the ASCE course and passed. Want to buy it? :)

The ASCE course was nice because sometimes in the course of studying on my own, it was nice to have someone just telling me information. It was a good boost for areas where I wasn't strong in them or just didn't have the interest...it takes you step by step and offers help each step in the form of the instructor talking. I found helpful for the days when I was burnt out, but still needed to study. You also can print out a ton of handouts from the CDs.

Im looking for a self study program for the Civil Exam, my boss gave me a brochure for PE Readiness and I was wondering if this is the way to go? Are there any other options to explore? I went the self study route with the FE (happened to have taken it 3yrs after graduating) and actually enjoyed not having to sit in class, was actually able to stick with a pretty strict study regimen..
Thanks,

John

I felt like the CERM and NCEES practice problems (multiple editions) were enough to prepare on my own.

Thanks,

John

I felt like the CERM and NCEES practice problems (multiple editions) were enough to prepare on my own.

did you pass with these two references?

Back