Civil PE Review Courses - ASCE and PPI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightwing

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the ASCE Civil PE Review Course or the PPI Civil PE Review Course? Does either course cover the depth? I know EET covers depth.

Dude are you actually taking this exam, or are you just going to ask hypotheticals about review courses and depth topics?

Has anyone taken the ASCE Civil PE Review Course or the PPI Civil PE Review Course? Does either course cover the depth? I know EET covers depth.
In addition to SoPE and EET, I also took a PPI WRE depth review course last year. In my opinion, the PPI class was a waste of money. The slides and lecture were directly out of the book and didn't add anything extra or useful. The book was pretty good though. I just wish I bought the book and saved my time and money by not taking the class.

I Took the PPI Civil WRE Depth review course and would NOT recommend it. Instructor was clueless and evaded answering questions.

The slides and lecture were directly out of the book and didn't add anything extra or useful.
Agreed. On that note, Matt, did you find the EET class was worth the time? I'm thinking this go 'round I'd rather not sit through lectures, but work a lot more problems. 

Anyone want to sell me their EET breadth/WRE depth binders?

Agreed. On that note, Matt, did you find the EET class was worth the time? I'm thinking this go 'round I'd rather not sit through lectures, but work a lot more problems. 

Anyone want to sell me their EET breadth/WRE depth binders?

@jnuengr

I found EET's AM class about equal to School of PE's AM review. Like everything, some instructors were better than others. 

But, EET's WRE depth can't be beat. The instructor, Nazrul, is very knowledgeable and seems to really know the exam format. He's quick to respond to e-mails, as were the AM instructors. He was also available to chat on the phone if needed. Nazrul and I chatted on the phone several times to either clear up a question or to just give me a pep talk cause he could sense my frustration. Nazrul assigns hundreds of practice problems. I was having a hard time completing them all. His problems range in difficulty. Some took 60 seconds while others took +15 minutes. But, the afternoon portion of the actual exam felt so easy and I completely credit EET's depth review for that.

I think I passed the PE because I did really well on the afternoon. Even with EET and having previously taken SoPE, I felt the AM was tough and had topics neither class covered.

And no, I will not sell my WRE binders. They're coming to work with me as a quick reference if needed.

Latest posts

Back