Civil PE - Construction Best Advice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UF Constructor

Reaction score
I'm taking the Construction Depth this April. Please provide any and all advice.

Also, what's the best recommendation for the morning part of the test?

Cheers! Thanks!

Study, work problems, study, work problems, tab books, study, work problems, sleep one hour, study, tab books, work problems, repeat............

I didn't have any of the Construction references + I changed from Water at the last minute before the exam. I have 20 years work experience in construction. I passed first time. I studied and did problems quite extensively out of the Lindeberg,(CERM) reference manual. So, my advice, for what its worth, is to do good on the AM portion and do as many practice problems as you can in the CERM. I do lots of material takeoffs and estimating at work, its pretty simple, but that helped me go through the PM faster. There was some scheduling questions, which you should study. Have all the safety, concrete placement etc. Most of this stuff you will probably have time to look up. Bottom line if your strong in the AM, especially basic structure and soil problems, there are a lot of Construction problems built on those topics. I think it would be a mistake to buy a bunch of Construction references and try and study those when you could be doing more problems out of CERM.

I didn't have any of the Construction references + I changed from Water at the last minute before the exam. I have 20 years work experience in construction. I passed first time. I studied and did problems quite extensively out of the Lindeberg,(CERM) reference manual. So, my advice, for what its worth, is to do good on the AM portion and do as many practice problems as you can in the CERM. I do lots of material takeoffs and estimating at work, its pretty simple, but that helped me go through the PM faster. There was some scheduling questions, which you should study. Have all the safety, concrete placement etc. Most of this stuff you will probably have time to look up. Bottom line if your strong in the AM, especially basic structure and soil problems, there are a lot of Construction problems built on those topics. I think it would be a mistake to buy a bunch of Construction references and try and study those when you could be doing more problems out of CERM.

the references are just that, references. You don't need to study them, just have a basic idea of how the information is organized.

IT IS FOLLY to take the construction module without the required references.

Back