Civil or Environmental Dictionary for the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE_4_Panda

Reaction score
So Im finishing up my Testmasters course and one of the instructors suggested taking a Environmental dictionary to the exam. I am taking Construction for the pm portion and I was debating on gettting a Civil dictionary.

Anyone have a preference or a dictionary with both topics well covered?

I took the straight PE Envl exam several years back, and I never found it necessary to have a specific 'dictionary' with me. I felt my references or my own research while studying gave me enough of a knowledge base as far as raw definitions go to tackle the test. My opinion is if you have one bring it with you, but I don't think it buys you much.

Thanks you guys. Im really trying to keep my cost to a minimum since the required Construction PM stuff is already costing me a pretty penny.

Yeah, I just took the PE Construction exam in APRIL. I did have the civil engineer dictionary and tried to look up some answers in it however, I just ended up wasting time looking through it. I just recommend, the CERM, all the codes that NCEES recommend, and your practice books. If you took a course you should do fine.

"Know where to find the information and how to use it - That's the secret of success." - Albert Einstein

www.learncivilengineering.com

I grabbed a couple of basic ENV textbooks that I found useful during the exam. I only took one env course (intro) and it was during the summer with a fill in instructor so I didn't really learn much.. But the few textbooks I took in helped me, I never relied much on t he CERM, just testmasters book and my own compiled books and such..

Back