Civil Engineering Reference Manual

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superlaker24

Reaction score
A new Civil Engineering Reference Manual will be published in November. This will be the 15th Edition. This may have been asked several times, but I never saw the question is there a major difference between editions? Would I be okay to use the 14th Edition for the April Exam or should I buy the 15th Edition?

Thank you for the help.

A new Civil Engineering Reference Manual will be published in November. This will be the 15th Edition. This may have been asked several times, but I never saw the question is there a major difference between editions? Would I be okay to use the 14th Edition for the April Exam or should I buy the 15th Edition?

Thank you for the help.
You should always get the latest edition, if feasible. However, I doubt there is much difference between 14-15 Editions. Just make sure you get the latest errata for 14th Ed., which is likely going to be the updates to 15.

I think the 14th edition was aligned with the old exam specs. The 15 edition will likely following the new exam specs. I'm taking the Civil WRE on Friday with the 13th edition and I don't care. :) The CERM is not my main reference though.

I think the 14th edition was aligned with the old exam specs. The 15 edition will likely following the new exam specs. I'm taking the Civil WRE on Friday with the 13th edition and I don't care. :) The CERM is not my main reference though.
Friday.... the 13th.....

:blink2:

I'm taking WRE depth so I wasn't concerned with any code changes. I guess that would be the biggest change.

I was just joking. I'm finishing up a global review this afternoon. I'll get my stuff together this evening.

Then I'll try that new Indian restaurant that just opened.

I was just joking. I'm finishing up a global review this afternoon. I'll get my stuff together this evening.

No better time to go on a bender with hookers and blow

No better time to go on a bender with hookers and blow
And bacon. Don't forget the bacon.
You'll be the only one taking the test tomorrow who brings in a snack bag of bacon to snack on during the exam.

Here's a trick .... go on ebay or amazon and buy like a 5th Edition CERM for $5.00, rip the cover off and mail to PPI with the upgrade form, and get the brand new 15th Edition CERM for $137.00

I'm wondering if I should update my 13th edition CERM just in case I need it for April.

Back