• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Civil Engineering Materials - Best Value, Clear Prices and Condition

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadpraul

Reaction score
Need to pass the Civil Engineering exams? I’m selling THE set of books and practice problems that got me through the national and California Civil Engineering exams. This set is complete and includes everything you actually need except the CERM. Each of the books is listed with price, book condition and some other prices for your comparison. Hopefully these prices seem attractive, my goal is to conveniently clear my bookshelf rather than get full value from the books. If you want 4 books, I will discount the prices by 10%. If you want the whole set, I will cover shipping and discount all prices 15%. Feel free to call me if you have questions (530) 318-4540. -Chad

1. 120 Solved Surveying Problems - for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination, Peter R. Boniface, PhD, Professional Publications, Inc, Belmont, CA, 45 pages

a. Your price: $25 + actual shipping cost
b. THE Current edition
c. Comparable prices: $59.95, new on PPI site
d. Condition: highlighted; about half of answers filled in; annotated explanations of many problems/answers
2. Civil Surveying Sample Exams – for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination, Second Edition. Peter R. Boniface, PhD. 2007.

a. Your price: $25 + actual shipping cost
b. THE Current edition
c. Comparable prices: selling on ppi for $59.95, new
d. Condition: tests taken, answers marked in pencil and highlighter, explanatory notes on many answers
3. Wastewater Engineering: Treatment and Reuse, Metcalf & Eddy, Fourth Edition, Published by Mcgraw-Hill, ~1800 pages

a. Your price: $120 + actual shipping cost
b. THE Current edition
c. Comparable prices: $214.95 on PPI site, Used $133
d. Condition: Essentially new; all clean pages, no annotations, tabs or highlights; binding like new
4. Practice Problems for the Civil Engineering PE Exam – A companion to the Civil Engineering Reference Manual, Eleventh Edition, Michael R. Lindeburg, PE, Professional Publications, Inc, Belmont, CA

a. Your price: $30 + actual shipping cost
b. Comparable prices: Currently selling on amazon for $20-$75, new edition available for $65
c. Condition: Like new, completely clean, no flags, highlights or notes
5. International Building Code 2006, International Code Council, Fourth Printing, March 2008. 665 pages

a. Your price: $40 + actual shipping cost
b. Comparable prices: currently selling on amazon for $102, but there is also a newer edition (2012) for $93
c. Condition: pre-flagged for your convenience; 2-color highlighting for quick lookup
6. Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures, ASCE/SEI 7-05, Including Supplement #1 and Errata. 387 pages.

a. Your price: $50 + actual shipping cost
b. Comparable prices: currently selling on amazon for $125, but there is a newer edition for $165
c. Condition: pre-flagged for your convenience, a few orange highlights to attract your attention to key equations and tables
7. Seismic Design Review Workbook – for the California Civil P.E. Examination – Based on the 2006 International Building Code. Steven T. Hiner, M.S., S.E.. February 2009 (Third Printing)

a. Your price: $35 + actual shipping cost
b. 1 Edition old, New edition $85 on hiner’s site
c. Condition: pre-flagged for your convenience, pencil annotations and highlighter
8. Civil Surveying Practice Exam – for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination. James R. Monroe, JR PE. 1999.

a. Your price: $10 + actual shipping cost
b. Condition: well used, answers marked in pencil on exams

I don't think it's fair to say that this is the complete needed set of books one would need to pass the (CA) PE exam. Some necessary (in my opinion) books are missing, some listed are not needed and some (many) listed are outdated.

Back