Children in the Workplace

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krakosky

Tank Ass
Reaction score
Today is "take your kid to work day". It's really strange to see all of these children in the office. I think it's a good thing, it's just very weird/humorous to actually witness it. Maybe it's bc I don't have any kids. I should've borrowed someone else's kid to bring in for show and tell today.

It is a nationally recognized thing with its own corporation and all. Ours is today.

Speaking of dogs, there are also a few people here who are training guide dogs. So we've got dogs and kids.

We have the same thing going on here at my work too. Lots of kids around.

No kids here either, I'd bring the dog.
A few of us that don't have kids joked about this. Take them to meet so-and-so, "and this is Bruiser.....wait, Bruiser NO!" Do you happen to have a bag handy? LOL :mf_followthroughfart:

What used to be take your daughter to work day has been changed to take your kids to work day...totally changed the dynamics of the original purpose of the day. THey don't do it here anymore. THey used to but people got tired of trying to figure out things to do and we don't have the extra staff to play babysitter while the parents actually work

Consider yourself lucky. How is anyone supposed to get any work done with kids and puppies running around?

We have an organized "bring your kids to work" day too. It's planned weeks in advance, and they gather volunteers to give tours, help with activities, etc., plus they limit the group to 50 kids.

Lol, I'll take kids & puppies over work any day. We (DEQ) had it a week ago, tied in with the earth day thing. We literally had school buses of children rolling thru here, my daughter loved it which made my day.

What used to be take your daughter to work day has been changed to take your kids to work day...totally changed the dynamics of the original purpose of the day.
Seriously. What's the point now?

I really think its very stupid and have never particpated.. It should be noted that I am the grumpy old person at my work that also complains about people spending work time putting up christmas decorations,etc, etc,

I dont even care to see people bring there baby in to show everyone at work, no one cares, bring a picture, its smells better and is less disruptive....

I had 3 and never brought them to work...

We have 2 "little" ones here today... 1 is 8, and fun to have around... the other is 14ish, and doing her homework for school... I figured that there was an age limit, 6-12ish... If we would've done this in another couple weeks, the summer help would be here and you wouldn't be able to tell the kids were even here

Went to lunch today at a place frequented by the regions workforce. Many had kids with them.

Back