Chelpatie review course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDISON_NY

“You're analog players in a digital world&quot
Reaction score
Anybody doing / or did the Chelpatie review course from irving Institute of Technology. I have the Chepatie book but wonder if the course give any extra or additional materials. willing to share your expensis if your interested in sharing the materials.

Thank,

Anybody doing / or did the Chelpatie review course from irving Institute of Technology. I have the Chepatie book but wonder if the course give any extra or additional materials. willing to share your expensis if your interested in sharing the materials.
Thank,
For me, it was between taking the Irvine course or the GA Tech course. I went with the GA Tech course because it was go at your own pace and you can watch the modules over and over if necessary. That really doesn't answer your question but I thought I would just throw that out there.

Thank,
For me, it was between taking the Irvine course or the GA Tech course. I went with the GA Tech course because it was go at your own pace and you can watch the modules over and over if necessary. That really doesn't answer your question but I thought I would just throw that out there.
do you still have these materials fro th GA Tech course?

How are you finding the GA Tech course content wise so far? I am at the exact same crossroad you were at, I have to choose between the two courses.
As I'm sure others would agree, the content is excellent and flows well. What the course does nicely is keep you on track in reviewing the most basic and fundamental concepts (power PE option). I know when studying on my own, I tend to skip the "easy" stuff. It's not hard to make even the simplest mistakes on the "easy" concepts. The lectures are well-organized with a video of the professor while he is speaking and then also a projector image of the notes he is reviewing or examples he is working (in real-time). Plus, if you miss something or want to hear a topic again, you can simply re-play the content of your choice. There is also no limit to how many times you can watch each module. The binder of notes the professor provides is about 3 or 4 inches thick so there is a lot of material covered.

From the GA Tech website, here is what is listed for the course content:

Course Agenda

Session One

Introduction Math

Linear Circuit Analysis

Session Two

Single Phase Power

Three Phase Power

Session Three

Rotating Machinery

Power Systems

Session Four

Ethics and Reliability

Power Electronics

Session Five

National Electric Code

Fault Analysis

I would advise you to register ASAP if you plan to take the course in preparation for the upcoming Oct. exam. It takes awhile for processing and for the delivery of the course notes (approx. 1-2 weeks). As we are all well aware, the clock is ticking. Also, the registration deadline is Sept. 20th. In my many discussions with the course professor, he recommended registering for the course in Aug. to allow for at least 2-1/2 months of solid review of the course material. This would also provide time to apply the concepts from the course material to actual practice problems. Again I am speaking in terms of preparation for the Oct. exam. I hope this helps.

FYI, here is another thread on discussions about the GA Tech course.

Back