CE WR Breakdown

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsc

Reaction score
I just got my second "You did not pass" letter today :0fail

I was wondering if anyone that did not pass took WR in the afternoon and got a total percentage score. I figured out my breakdown and it looks like I got a 50/80. I was curious what the score needed to pass was. Here's my breakdown if it helps at all.

Breadth - Enviro 75 6/8

Bredth - Geotech 63 5/8

Bredth - Structures 50 4/8

Bredth - Trans 50 4/8

Bredth - WR 63 5/8

Hydraulics 43 5/11

Hydrology 67 6/9

Water Treatment 83 5/6

Enviromental 60 6/10

Geotechnical 100 4/4

:brick:

Better luck next time jrsc. THanks for posting your breakdown.

jrsc --

All I can say is ... wow.

Looking over your posts, it looks like you might just need to round out some of the fundamentals in the morning. It looks like the only real problem in the afternoon was hydraulics - Env looks borderline. Again, with some focused preparation you should be able to pick up in these areas.

Are you going to retake in April? If so, I think a WR Depth thread for preparation/references/resources recommendations is being developed. It has only just started - it should be updated soon.

Thanks for posting your breakdown. Best of luck in your preparation!!

Regards,

JR

am I the only one that thinks 50 / 80 should pass?

especially considering that maybe 10 (At best) of the questions in either section would be things we would actually do?

I'm not taking in again right away in April. I'm waiting until October. I just need a little break but I'll probably pick up some light studying soon so I don't forget what I just spent a year learning. I'll try to keep up with the WR thread and help out all that I can. :???:

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass jrsc. I would agree with jregieng though, I would shore up on the structural and transportation sections in the morning. The low hydraulics score in the afternoon was probably a fluke.

Just don't let the diagnostics report bias you too much...... I would make sure to still spend adequate time studying the other sections also.

Better luck next time. :study

I Failed TOO! UGH 3rd Time!!

Breakdown as follows:

Breadth- Environmental 63 5/8

Breadth- Geotechnical 38 3/8

Breadth- Structural 38 3/8

Breadth- Transportation 25 2/8

Breadth- Water Resources 88 7/8

Hydraulics- 57 8/14

Hydrology- 83 5/6

Water Treatment- 67 4/6

Environmental- 60 6/10

Geotechnical- 50 2/4

45/80

GAOTU,

That's about where I was the first time I took the test. If I look at strictly the percentages I increased my score by 12 points. I'm sure if you study and look closer at the areas where you didn't do so well things will improve. I think that there is a WR thread being started and I'm going to keep checking in to see if there's help on specific review problems for next time. :study :thumbsup:

Jrsc-

Thanks!!

My game plan is to really focus on Geo & Tran for a whole month.

I have been out of school for about 15 yrs!

Here is a breakout of my first and second time:

First time:

Breadth- Environmental- 63

Breadth- Geotechnical-38

Breadth- Structural- 75

Breadth-Transportation- 50

Breadth- water resources- 38

Hydraulics- 50

Hydrology-50

Water Treatment- 0

Environmental-50

Geotechnical-0

2nd:

Breadth-Environmental-38

Breadth-Geotechnical-50

Breadth-Structural-50

Breadth-Transportation 63

Breadth- water resources-50

Hydraulics-69

Hydrology-29

Water Treatment-50

Environmental-80

Geotechnical- 50

From what I was told you need at least a 56 to pass this exam, which gives you a 70% score.

Jrsc-
Thanks!!

My game plan is to really focus on Geo & Tran for a whole month.

I have been out of school for about 15 yrs!

Here is a breakout of my first and second time:
First time:

Breadth- Environmental- 63 5/8

Breadth- Geotechnical-38 3/8

Breadth- Structural- 75 6/8

Breadth-Transportation- 50 4/8

Breadth- water resources- 38 3/8

Hydraulics- 50 7/14

Hydrology-50 3/6

Water Treatment- 0 0/6

Environmental-50 5/10

Geotechnical-0 0/4

40/80

2nd:

Breadth-Environmental-38 3/8

Breadth-Geotechnical-50 4/8

Breadth-Structural-50 4/8

Breadth-Transportation 63 5/8

Breadth- water resources-50 4/8

Hydraulics-69 9/13

Hydrology-29 2/7

Water Treatment-50 3/6

Environmental-80 8/10

Geotechnical- 50 2/4

44/80

Last edited by a moderator:
now i'm scared.. all the while i thought that 50 / 80 is more than enough to pass..

damn testmasters! they were the ones who told me that..

3 more weeks.. :(

now i'm scared.. all the while i thought that 50 / 80 is more than enough to pass..damn testmasters! they were the ones who told me that..

3 more weeks.. :(
NOBODY KNOWS!!!! That's the Magic of this dang exam. Most review classes will tell you that you need to shoot for 57, but if everyone that failed would post their scores, I'd be willing to bet that you won't get many scores much higher than 50 before you don't see failing scores again. The three that I've FAILED so far I got 49 right the first time, 50 the second time, and 49 this past time. I'm fairly certain that I've missed the mystical CUT score by 1 or 2 each time. :true:

jrsc,

I figured your weighted percentages. Those are shown below.

jrsc_results.jpg

Looks like you were right at 50 or 51 questions answered correctly.

54 is 70% without using any cut score. Looks like you missed it by only one or two questions.

Keep :study and you should pass it easily next time.

Last edited:
jrsc and GAOTU,

Stick with it! You both can easily walk in next time and pass this thing if you just put in a little time and effort.

54 is 70% without using any cut score.
Actually, 80 times 70% is 56.

tmckeon_PE, how does this work really? I'm trying to figure it out, but don't know how you get 26.72 right? Is this how you think the "weighted" system works?

I'm thinking you may be onto something for how they set up the scale, but then the number of correct questions would be the actual raw number and fall on that scale where it may.

I know I'm not wording this very well, but do you see what I mean?

54 is 70% without using any cut score.
Actually, 80 times 70% is 56.

tmckeon_PE, how does this work really? I'm trying to figure it out, but don't know how you get 26.72 right? Is this how you think the "weighted" system works?

I'm thinking you may be onto something for how they set up the scale, but then the number of correct questions would be the actual raw number and fall on that scale where it may.

I know I'm not wording this very well, but do you see what I mean?
I stand corrected. I had a typo on that one (and have done that before). Thanks for catching that. I am not even going to correct my post.

:thumbsup:

Back