Car guys - what do you think of this?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why can't muscle / pony cars come in "stripper" packages anymore (no power anything, no AC, manual, etc...)?

If you get the car.....the strippers will follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
why can't muscle / pony cars come in "stripper" packages anymore (no power anything, no AC, manual, etc...)?
You can, it just usually costs you double. e.g. - the Challenger Drag Pak, S2000 club racer (not muscle/pony, but at least it was modern), some of the SRT Vipers, etc.

So all the stripper does is sit in a seat? Doesn't sound like the stripper is being completely utilized if you ask me.

Looks like something to be proud of.

deathmobile.png

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

I personally would have painted it flat black. Limo-tint the windows, powder-coat the rims, then remove and/or buy custom painted emblems/badges/bowties.
The other, more preferred, way to do this would be to make a "ghost" racer: Strip it down to look like a base V6 model (different bumpers, basic wheels, etc), make it look as basic as possible.

I am with you. That guy paid someone for that paint "job". Vs a real rat rod just uses whatever he has to make the car go.

You can, but only partially.

I got the strip down version of the Trailblazer SS, but it still came with Power Windows, AC, etc. Because this is what the base production line makes.

Most/many cars today aren't even available without power windows or AC. So they would need to make you a special version.

I think Ford has had GT-R versions for the Mustang in the past few years, (which were very stripped down no power anything and no sound proofing) but these are intended mainly as track cars, although they are street legal.

Strip it down to look like a base V6 model (different bumpers, basic wheels, etc), make it look as basic as possible.
I thought about doing that when I had my '97 Mustang Cobra. Someone decided to swipe the little cobra emblems off the side so I thought about replacing them with the galloping horse emblem that came on the v-6's and running a single coffee can looking exhaust. The only problem is that I'd have had to replace the hood and the front & rear facias as well so it was easier to just replace the cobra emblems.

I think Ford has had GT-R versions for the Mustang in the past few years, (which were very stripped down no power anything and no sound proofing) but these are intended mainly as track cars, although they are street legal.
You're probably thinking about the Cobra R. Depending on the year, some were just stripped down, i.e. no radio, no A/C, etc, versions of the standard Cobra and then some of the later models actually had bigger or modified engines.

Back