Can we take the NCEES Sample Exam book to the Test?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Depends on what state you are in. It is not allowed in Illinois. I think most others allow it but you need to check the rules for the particular state where you are taking the test.

Texas and Florida allows it... IL not allowing is something I wasn't aware of. I wonder what could be the reason??!!

Texas and Florida allows it... IL not allowing is something I wasn't aware of. I wonder what could be the reason??!!
Where are these states rules posted? I'm in Texas and the only rules I can find are the NCEES rules.

I am saying this from personal experience. From what I understood, no loose papers and not written in pencil is allowed. Naturally, NCEES sample Q&A was under this category...

The rules for Texas are posted on the Texas Board of Professional Engineers website.http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/

The specific page that mentions allowing Sample Exams is here

http://www.tbpe.state.tx.us/lic_pe_info.htm
Good info.. I did not bother to find all this... I think it will be helpful to all the future Texas examinees...

We need to have a sticky (may be we already have), that outlines each state's education, experience, and examination criteria... If each of ustake one state then I think it won't be a huge burden...

I am in Louisiana and I used it in April, I am taking the Mechanical test so I will have two copies to bring with me this time. (Was not too helpful last time, there was only one question on entire test that was similar)

I wondered about this too.... So, I went to my state website (KS) and really couldn't fine anything "specific," so I sent them an e-mail.

I got a FAST reply that basically kicked me back to the elses member states page with links to the candidate agreement. Since Kansas is one of the states listed it appears that there is no limitation to what we bring in as long as it is not stapled, loose, or sticky (ha ha)!

I have become a LOT more relaxed in the past few days going through the practice tests. I BLEW it in April by not doing so many problems. THIS TIME I have taken TIME OFF from work and I am actually doing my best interpretation of "ciphering...."

This will be "attempt number TWO" for me, DOING the Practice exams OVER and OVER, as well as using the NCEES practice exam CD is my "trick" THIS time.... I sure hope that it works better than what I "did" in April!!

Back