Camara Power Sample Test #40

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimball79

Reaction score
Anyone work through this question: Camara sample test, power morning #40? See attached

PE_exam.pdf

Attachments

• PE_exam.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 130
Anyone work through this question: Camara sample test, power morning #40? See attached
The solution is rather simple but it doesn't make sense.....

Zp= sqrt(R^2+Xl^2 angle (arc tan X/R))

Quantities for R and X are 3 and 4 respectively. First off any idea how they came up with the numerical vaules for R and X?

The question asking for PHASE impedance which is resistor=3 and inductor=4. In another word it is impedance Z = 3+j4 and they just convert it to polar form wich is 5<53 ohm.

The question asking for PHASE impedance which is resistor=3 and inductor=4. In another word it is impedance Z = 3+j4 and they just convert it to polar form wich is 5<53 ohm.
So how did you get R=3 and X=4? Adding up the equivalent resistance/reactance and coverting to actual values given the base of 20kVA?

So how did you get R=3 and X=4? Adding up the equivalent resistance/reactance and coverting to actual values given the base of 20kVA?
It's the giving value of one leg of the triangle.

I wonder if we are looking at the same question or not. The Camera's #40 that I have is a delta load with giving R=3 and XL=4 for each leg and they are asking for the phase impedance Zp. The diagram that you attached look complicated which make me think we might be talking about two different questions, but the solution that you posted is the same of what I have. It's the conversion between one leg giving impedance 3+j4 to polar form which gives 5<53 deg.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I can't open or download this file, or any other file in this forum.

Are you using Google Chrome or MS Explorer? I use Chrome and sometimes have trouble opening links. Trying Explorer if you're not already running it

Back