Camara Books

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have the Camara books been updated to reflect the new test format? I see they had newer editions than mine but I didn't want to order them unless they reflected the new format.

Have the Camara books been updated to reflect the new test format? I see they had newer editions than mine but I didn't want to order them unless they reflected the new format.
Not sure, but I do know that if I had to do it all over again (which, thankfully, I don't), I wouldn't bother with any of his books. I thought they were a waste of time and money.

They updated them - at least renamed some of the chapters. It's still one book for all three sub categories. I didn't find it that useful during the power exam.

Not sure, but I do know that if I had to do it all over again (which, thankfully, I don't), I wouldn't bother with any of his books. I thought they were a waste of time and money.
I think you would not be the norm here.

His problem books are a little easy, but didn't Camara write the EERM? I think most people consider this a reasonable reference book

I think you would not be the norm here.
Hey, I'm used to being abnormal.

Something about the Camara problems just didn't "feel" right to me. While some did seem a bit too easy, others seemed to be more "academic" in nature. I did have the EERM during the exam, but I think I only used it for the interest tables for the econ problems.

Hey, I'm used to being abnormal.
Something about the Camara problems just didn't "feel" right to me. While some did seem a bit too easy, others seemed to be more "academic" in nature. I did have the EERM during the exam, but I think I only used it for the interest tables for the econ problems.
I took the ECC PM section of the old EE exam, so I can't say this holds for anything else.

In truth, I also did not have to open my refs much during the exam because I worked so many darned problems while studying. And I couldn't even really tell you which books I used most during my studying. The only book which I feel was truly essential to me was the NCEES problems. However, it was comforting having the EERM though, because it has a lot of formulas in case I wasn't confident in some esoteric formula.

I suspect that people who did find the EERM helpful for the old exam might not find it helpful for the current version because it is too general.

Back